Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jacmac Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 01:53 PM
    How do I join painters union in boston?
    How do I join painters union in Boston? Is it easy to get work? I am a 50 year old female with 25 years exp.

JACKIE
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 1, 2008, 04:44 PM

Have you went over to the painters office local and asked them
    jacmac Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2008, 07:05 AM
    I don't know where the union is.
    gustavvo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2010, 01:53 PM
    Hi, I have been working for about 10 years on comercial painting I do have a lot experience and I still working for the same guy, but he's not union and I'm looking for better oportunities. My name is gus I'm 30 years what should I do?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 29, 2010, 06:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavvo View Post
    hi, i have been working for about 10 years on comercial painting i do have a lot experience and i still working for the same guy, but he's not union and i'm looking for better oportunities. my name is gus i'm 30 years what should i do?
    There are 2 ways to look at it. 1) the grass is always greener. 2) go independent.

As far as looking for higher pay etc then you just have to search but now may not be the time to do so. If your looking to join a union then you have to look in your local area. But if you do you may have to quit your current job.

Going independent may mean a lot of sacrifice. And your going to have to dig to find jobs. Also depending on your experience. Like being broader then just putting paint on walls. Then your chances of getting more work goes up. Are you experienced in staining or hanging wallpaper ?
    Gkiokas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2011, 05:56 PM
    Hi, Im living in Salem MA how can I be a union worker?
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Apr 7, 2011, 10:09 AM

Find out what Local is active in your area, and go to their office - a simple Google search of 'local unions in (your city)' should bring up sufficient info for you.
    Like this:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=salem...rlz=1I7RNWE_en

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost of Hiring Painters [ 4 Answers ]

:) Could someone help me out in this area? I have a 12x18 ft. room that I need to have painted and I was wondering what it would cost me to Contract Painters to do this job for me? Thank You!! ;)

How to join a union [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has worked in construction - mainly painting for years - but the work is so unstable and no benefits... I work as a designer - no benefits either and we have a child - so at least one of us needs benefits form work. He wants to join a labor/construciton union but doesn't know how to...

Using painters tape & primer [ 1 Answers ]

I want to paint the wall surrounding our fireplace. Let me explain my situation;All four walls will be painted a light yellow, the forth wall around a dark manteled fireplace is where I want to paint color blocks using three shades of blue, light, medium and dark. In between the blocks will be...

Can't get painters tape to stick [ 2 Answers ]

I've been painting a floor cloth and all was going well until I tried to attach painter's tape to an already painted stripe(dry). I can't seem to get it to stick any suggestions?

View more questions Search