Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2008, 07:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis View Post
    Yes I did read the link Tommy.
    Good - the way that you are talking, it did not sound like you did.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Dec 16, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Yes I did read the link Tommy. And I tried to find that by you claimed evidence, but it was not there.
    Why can't you simply in a few lines post what specific evidence (based on what you think) is there to be found and where?
    Good - the way that you are talking, it did not sound like you did.
    Let me repeat what I stated earlier referring to your link and your claim involved in that link :

"The link you provided indicates that all you can show in your claimed support for God's existence (idea B) are some queries on evolution - an entire different subject (idea A).

... I'm sorry to see that you still fail the understanding that the (claimed) lack of proof for evolution (idea A) is not proof for the correctness of your religious views (idea B).
    "

Please note that I clearly refer in this respect to the topic "Objective Supported Evidence for "God's" existence ?", in which you repeatedly tried to "prove" God's existence NOT by providing OSE for God's existence, but by questioning several evolution queries...

So once more I ask you : Why can't you simply in a few lines post what specific evidence (based on what you think) is there to be found in that link and where? (just state post number).

Once you have done that, we can discuss again the claim in this topic : that certain persons can "know" (as in proof) that God exist.

:)

Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 12:33 PM
    Let me repeat what I stated earlier referring to your link and your claim involved in that link :

[B]"[I]The link you provided indicates that all you can show in your claimed support for God's existence (idea B) are some queries on evolution - an entire different subject (idea A).
    I was not arguing evolution nor making inquiries on it, though you and your friends seemed to think it was important and kept bringing it up. I was speaking of any natural alternative, and it appears that you and your friends have identified evolution as the only natural alternative. And was not saying that lack of eviodence for for anything was proof of anything else.

This was explained to you many times, but perhaps you lack of understanding on this key point is why you have so mcuh difficulty understanding the truth of God's existence.

Just to help you, here is the link once again:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/religi...ce-271164.html
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 16, 2008, 03:09 PM
    The link is invalid, now what?
    -

Dec 16, 2008, 03:26 PM
    ... I was speaking of any natural alternative, and it appears that you and your friends have identified evolution as the only natural alternative. And was not saying that lack of eviodence for for anything was proof of anything else.
    Alternative? Alternative to WHAT? The topic was "Objective Supported Evidence for "God's" existence ?" Not "proof for the theory of evolution" !

As to the Theory of Evolution : I have never denied that there are gaps in the theory, but given time more and more gaps are filled in with OSE and/or proper supported explanations. It is a sound scientific theory, backed up with loads of support.

As to the BELIEF in one or more deities : there simply is no OSE for "God's" existence : it is a BELIEF !

So you refer now to an alternative for a wild religious claim that has not a single iota of OSE support.
    So your views are not realistic, and are more of a delusional claim by a fanatic religious fundamentalist.

This was explained to you many times, but perhaps you lack of understanding on this key point is why you have so mcuh difficulty understanding the truth of God's existence.
    Not really : you indeed made that unsupported statement many times. But from a realistic point of view it was not an explanation at all. It was nothing more than a nonsensical statement lacking any realism and sense of reality : you showed that you lack any sense in the fields of logic and argumentation.

I never stated that your "God" does not exist. All I stated is that the wild religious claim of existence of one or more deities is based on nothing more than hot air - totally failing any support process other than BELIEF.

===

And to return to this topic again : what I stated above is why the claim that someone "knows" that "God" exists carries no validity.
    Yes you can and may BELIEVE in the existence of one or more deities.
    And you can "know" (in the sense of feeling and experiencing) the existence of one or more deities.
    But nobody in his or her right mind "knows" (in the sense of OSE) that "God" exists.

Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Dec 16, 2008, 04:50 PM
    Yes Galveston I posted two topics on Bible contradictions.
    No Galveston : I have NOT done that without supporting data.
    One topic had some 50 lines of proof, another one had over 100+ lines of proof.
    And I have already informed you about that now already twice !
    That you are too lazy to search for these topics yourself is not my problem.
    I feel no need to do that for you.

Merry Christmas, Galveston !

I didn't ask you for 100+ scripture references, only one. I don't know how to locate what you refer to, and I don't have the time or inclination to waste, as I expect I would find a link to some atheist web site.

So, if you have so many contradictions, you shouldn't have trouble posting one or two.

Merry Christmas to you too. (sincerely)
    -

Dec 16, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1 View Post
    I didn't ask you for 100+ scripture references, only one....
    For the third time : search this same Religious Discussions Board for these topics !

Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    The link is invalid, now what?
    Try here:

Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 07:13 PM
    Alternative? Alternative to WHAT? The topic was "Objective Supported Evidence for "God's" existence ?" Not "proof for the theory of evolution" !
    And the only people bringing up evolution were the atheists. Just like we see here. Here is the link:

marriaget Posts: 84, Reputation: 7

Dec 16, 2008, 08:11 PM

*sigh* this is ridiculous.

I know god is real? <- wt*

Like common, that is ridiculous.
    I'm not saying I'm an atheist, I just question things, and am not religious... I just hope there is some sort of heaven and afterlife thing and etc etc.

Not all people that question god and stuff are atheists.

If there was true proof that there is god, it would be all over the news and world and the world would truly go insane. (idk kidding kinda)

It is a belief... you believe there is a god, you don't know 100% fact.
    marriaget Posts: 84, Reputation: 7

Dec 16, 2008, 08:17 PM
    Who made god, how does the space go on forever? Whe can't understand these things... look up the big bang theory it's cool... anways.

Accept it's a belief not a fact.
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by marriaget View Post

If there was true proof that there is god, it would be all over the news and world and the world would truly go insane. (idk kidding kinda)
    The proof is there, but as we see on here, even when a thread of over 500 posts provides a small bit of the massive amount of evidence, a few folk simply don't want to even acknowledge it.
    hiddencat12 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 03:02 AM
    :eek:

Ok lets start by choosing which god. There are hundreds of gods out there but lets take yahweh the christian tribal god as an example.
    Who's to say that by beliving in something we don't make it exist.

If we use the Karl R. Popper's classical method of reasoning know as modus ponens
    Then god is real by definition and therfore self authenticating.

The definition of God is that than which nothing greater can be conceived.
    It is greater to exist in relaity than in the mind alone.
    Therefore God must exist in both the mind and reality.

Few know that the progress of science no longer depends primarily upon this method, but on the less familiar form known as modus tolens, which goes like this

If humans did't create the earth then something else must have
    Humand didn't create the earth and god is something else
    Therefore god created the earth.

Hope that helps
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Dec 17, 2008, 02:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3 View Post
    The proof is there, but as we see on here, even when a thread of over 500 posts provides a small bit of the massive amount of evidence, a few folk simply don't want to even acknowledge it.
    Yes 500 posts of you posting things and everyone else telling you that you don't know what your talking about proves god.

As I've stated TJ3 your logic follows the same logic as the guy on the street corner that thinks gerbils are trying to take over the world. He has all of this evidence that he is certain proves his point however it doesn't follow standard reasoning. It is also pointless to argue with him because no matter what you tell him, his evidence is proof and no amount of real evidence is going to convince him that he is wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Not Crazy.I know this movie exists [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, here it goes... these kids run away. They end up in a shed in the middle of the woods that is surrounded with pecan trees with a old tractor inside. They argue about how you pronounce "pecan". One of the kids goes up to a "Texaco" station and there is a box of cupcakes on the step which he...

Search for visitor,if exists,use data,else,enter? [ 1 Answers ]

When visitor comes,I enter their ID,if he/she exists,I enter a new record for her visit using the details already in the database. But if he/she does not exist in the database,want to be able to enter his/her details in the visitor s details form and then after that,enter the details of his or...

Got P-Trap, Confirm it Exists [ 3 Answers ]

I have a house built in 1981 unfinished basement. Roughed in bathroom pipes. One pipe vent, one pipe shower/bath, one pipe toilet. Anyhow, on the shower/bath pipe I poured water down the pipe, drains normal but I can still see water at bottom (no evidence of tee ot 90deg bend at bottom) does...

Shower Where No Drain Exists [ 1 Answers ]

We would like to install a shower in a bathroom which has a sink and toilet but no rough in for a shower. The problem is that the bathroom has a cement floor which is not cuttable. Any solution for an above ground drainage which connects in the sink/toilet?

DOS exists? [ 15 Answers ]

With your new operating systems (i.e. Windows XP), does DOS exist/run in the background? Thanks.

View more questions Search