Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Dec 13, 2008, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3 View Post
    You should spend more time studying the scientific method.
    There you go sounding like the gerbil guy again. I agree with what you said about my opinion following standard logic and scientific reasoning and then you tell me I need to learn the scientific method.

Of course I can't expect to have a reasonable debate with standard reasoning with the gerbil guy so why would I expect one from you. Like I said same problem different ideas.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2008, 04:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by michealb View Post
    There you go sounding like the gerbil guy again. I agree with what you said about my opinion following standard logic and scientific reasoning and then you tell me I need to learn the scientific method.

Of course I can't expect to have a reasonable debate with standard reasoning with the gerbil guy so why would I expect one from you. Like I said same problem different ideas.
    Well I don't know who gerbil guy is, but I stuck purely to science so if you cannot deal with science, then so be it.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Dec 14, 2008, 04:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT View Post
    I know God Exists. So why do people like Cred claim people like me dont KNOW we just Believe.
    So you say you experience / have experienced ''God" directly?

---

Well, some people have experienced a pink elephant. Does that mean that pink elephants exist?
    George W. Bush in 2002 stated that "God" told him to invade Iraq. Just a pity that "God" did not reveal to him where these "weapons of mass-destruction" were located. Because just as with the pink elephants these WMD''s did not exist neither.
    The asylums are full with "Napoleons" and "Charly Chaplins" who claim that "God" told them to be one of these persons. But are they real? Of course not!
    We humor all these cases because not many people share them.
    That more people believe in - or even claim to "know" "God" does not support in any way that such a "God" exist.
    (exerpts from Dawkins and Harris)
    We have names for people who have many beliefs for which there is no rational justification. When their beliefs are extremely common we call them "religious". Otherwise they are likely to be called "mad", "psychotic", or "delusional".
    Religious people are not generally mad, but their core beliefs are !

---

As always : from me you may BELIEVE in "God". You may also BELIEVE that you "know" that "God" exists, and you even may BELIEVE that "God" communicates with you.

But the onus to prove that what you BELIEVE is up to you, and other people do not have to prove that what you BELIEVE is incorrect. If you insist that your delusions are reality, than PROVE that with Objective Supported Evidence. And if you can't prove that, than please stop making these empty claims.

Until that moment your claim that you know that "God" exists is nothing more than an unsupported wild claim that carries no validity in the reality domain !

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis View Post
    We have names for people who have many beliefs for which there is no rational justification. When their beliefs are extremely common we call them "religious". Otherwise they are likely to be called "mad", "psychotic", or "delusional".
    Religious people are not generally mad, but their core beliefs are !
    Vred,

Christiians have reason for their peliefs and have presented some of it to you. Having reason is what, by definition, is rational.

You have NEVER presented any reason for your beliefs, therefore shall we consider your beliefs irrational and your beliefs "mad"?
    -

Dec 14, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3
    Christiians have reason for their peliefs and have presented some of it to you. Having reason is what, by definition, is rational.
    Incorrect : they expressed their interpretation of what they BELIEVED. But never the reason of their BELIEF.

You have NEVER presented any reason for your beliefs, therefore shall we consider your beliefs irrational and your beliefs "mad"?
    Unlike you and your religious peers I never claimed anything that is not supported.

The belief in some invisible being sitting on a throne in the clouds being busy with the sex life of 6+ billion human beings sounds rather delusional to me...

:D :D :D :D :D :D

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 14, 2008, 09:16 AM
    In the grand scheme of things what does it matter who believes what. Its human nature not to accept that which others are saying, without proof, just as its human nature to know without needing evidence. Since there is no credible evidence either way, no side can be right with any logical advantage, and the truth is we don't know one way or another. Changing someone's mind is not my idea of the greatest use of time, but in the sake of good old hard headed bickering both sides are wrong! Do you want evidence to that??
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 09:41 AM
    Incorrect : they expressed their interpretation of what they BELIEVED. But never the reason of their BELIEF.
    Cred, come on, you know better than that. The threads are on this board and others. Does it really hurt to admit the truth?

Unlike you and your religious peers I never claimed anything that is not supported.
    Cred, you are unbelievable.
    -

Dec 14, 2008, 05:33 PM
    Cred, come on, you know better than that. The threads are on this board and others. Does it really hurt to admit the truth? Cred, you are unbelievable.
    Funny than that you never can provide clear examples of your wild and false claims.
    Your reply is another example of this lack of support !

You claimed that ... Christians have reason for their beliefs and have presented some of it to me..

I reacted that this was incorrect as Christians only express their interpretation of what they BELIEVE , but never the reason of their BELIEF.

Actually hardly any Christian believer ever questioned him/herself WHY they believe and what the reason is for their belief.
    At least I have hardly ever seen any post about this particular format of religious soul searching.

The 2500+ different Christian interpretations of the same instruction manual supports the conclusion that either the instruction manual is of extreme poor quality of editing, or that the religious views are based on some format of religious brainwashing.

What remains is my conclusion that stating that one "knows" that "God" exists is near delusional.

:D

Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 05:40 PM
    Funny than that you never can provide clear examples of your wild and false claims.
    Your reply is another example of this lack of support !
    Oh Cred, and this from a man who outright refuses to provide evidence for him claims.

Here is one of the threads to help your obviously failing memory!

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/religi...ce-271164.html
    -

Dec 14, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    In the grand scheme of things what does it matter who believes what.
    From me anyone may believe whatever he or she likes.
    My comments address the unsupported wild claim that what one personally believes has any format of validity over any other view.

From me you may believe that "God" exists. You also may state that you believe this or that...
    But if you claim that "God" exists and/or that you "know" that "God" exist, you either have to support that with OSE, or accept that others reject such wild religious unsupported claims.

:rolleyes:

-

Dec 14, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Here is one of the threads to help your obviously failing memopry!
    You can refer as many times as you like to your list of queries on evolution, but that NEVER will be of any validity as to the existence of a deity.

Tommy : I'm sorry to see that you still lack the understanding that lack of proof for idea A is not proof for the correctness of idea B.

Note that I offered you an open discussion of your queries on a board targeted at evolution questions, but that it was you who refused to go there...

Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 06:11 PM
    You can refer as many times as you like to your list of queries on evolution, but that NEVER will be of any validity as to the existence of a deity.
    That is what I said - whenever you see the evidence, you outright reject it.
    -

Dec 14, 2008, 06:56 PM
    That is what I said - whenever you see the evidence, you outright reject it.
    Tommy : what evidence ? As I already stated : I'm sorry to see that you still lack the understanding that lack of proof for idea A is not proof for the correctness of idea B.

Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 06:58 PM
    Tommy : what evidence ? As I already stated : I'm sorry to see that you still lack the understanding that lack of proof for idea A is not proof for the correctness of idea B.
    Your memory is getting shorter!

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/religio...ce-271164.html
    -

Dec 15, 2008, 04:49 PM
    Your memory is getting shorter!
    Not my memory, Tommy ! As I already stated :

what evidence ? I'm sorry to see that you still fail the understanding that the (claimed) lack of proof for evolution idea A is not proof for the correctness of religious idea B. .

You seem to be extremely frustrated that all you have is a totally invalid logical argument !
    The link you provided indicates that all you can show in your claimed support for God's existence (idea B) are some queries on evolution - an entire different subject (idea A).

May it be in you to realize that Christianity is based on love and forgiveness, and not on all that hatred , despite , and frustration that you display here so often ! I hope that you can bring yourself to change your ways !

I wish you and your family a very merry Christmas, and hope to see you again - most probably - in the new year !

John

:)

-

Dec 15, 2008, 05:00 PM
    For everyone :

I wish you and yours a very merry Christmas, and I hope to see you all back early next year.
    In the mean time as from this Friday I will be off-line in the UK to join in all the opcoming festivities with all my children and grandchildren.
    Hereby my best wishes for you and yours in the new year !

Please have a look here : LINK

Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Dec 15, 2008, 05:44 PM

Sure you have. You often make the claim that the Bible is self-contridictory. Either support that claim or abandon it.
    -

Dec 15, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1 View Post
    Sure you have. You often make the claim that the Bible is self-contridictory. Either support that claim or abandon it.
    Yes Galveston I posted two topics on Bible contradictions.
    No Galveston : I have NOT done that without supporting data.
    One topic had some 50 lines of proof, another one had over 100+ lines of proof.
    And I have already informed you about that now already twice !
    That you are too lazy to search for these topics yourself is not my problem.
    I feel no need to do that for you.

Merry Christmas, Galveston !

Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Not my memory, Tommy ! As I already stated :

what evidence ? I'm sorry to see that you still fail the understanding that the (claimed) lack of proof for evolution idea A is not proof for the correctness of religious idea B.
    Then you did not read the evidence because that is not at all what it is about. Once again:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/religio...ce-271164.html

I wish you and your family a very merry Christmas, and hope to see you again - most probably - in the new year !
    I also wish you have a memorable celebration of the birthday of Christ, and may you this year get to know personally.
    -

Dec 15, 2008, 07:30 PM
    Then you did not read the evidence because that is not at all what it is about.
    Yes I did read the link Tommy. And I tried to find that by you claimed evidence, but it was not there.
    Why can't you simply in a few lines post what specific evidence (based on what you think) is there to be found and where?

I also wish you have a memorable celebration of the birthday of Christ, and may you this year get to know personally.
    This shows precisely who and what you are, Tommy. You know I am not interested in that, and that I do not intend to become a Christian EVER.

For me Christmas time is the original celebration from long before Christianity : the winter solstice, with many happy people, good food, and the family together, looking forward to the new spring and summer. And you know that very well, as we have discussed that several times in the past.

Of course : if you prefer to go to church, do so. No problem at all.
    I do not suggest you should visit one of the solstice celebrations.
    Please do me the curtesy not to push your entangled and delusional religious ideas upon me and others who indicate likewise feelings.

:rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Not Crazy.I know this movie exists [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, here it goes... these kids run away. They end up in a shed in the middle of the woods that is surrounded with pecan trees with a old tractor inside. They argue about how you pronounce "pecan". One of the kids goes up to a "Texaco" station and there is a box of cupcakes on the step which he...

Search for visitor,if exists,use data,else,enter? [ 1 Answers ]

When visitor comes,I enter their ID,if he/she exists,I enter a new record for her visit using the details already in the database. But if he/she does not exist in the database,want to be able to enter his/her details in the visitor s details form and then after that,enter the details of his or...

Got P-Trap, Confirm it Exists [ 3 Answers ]

I have a house built in 1981 unfinished basement. Roughed in bathroom pipes. One pipe vent, one pipe shower/bath, one pipe toilet. Anyhow, on the shower/bath pipe I poured water down the pipe, drains normal but I can still see water at bottom (no evidence of tee ot 90deg bend at bottom) does...

Shower Where No Drain Exists [ 1 Answers ]

We would like to install a shower in a bathroom which has a sink and toilet but no rough in for a shower. The problem is that the bathroom has a cement floor which is not cuttable. Any solution for an above ground drainage which connects in the sink/toilet?

DOS exists? [ 15 Answers ]

With your new operating systems (i.e. Windows XP), does DOS exist/run in the background? Thanks.

View more questions Search