Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fmitch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Estate Account
    My Mother passed recently, I am the Estate Administrator. Several small checks, including her IRS Incentive Check. I have no idea what to do with the checks. I attempted to deposit the checks into my account. I was told to open an Estate Account. Can you advise me?
    Neilcathy67 Posts: 47, Reputation: 3

Oct 9, 2008, 07:35 PM

Yes, take your Letter of Administation to the Bank and advise them that you are the excutor of this estate. They will open a bank account for you. You must be advise that any SSI or Federal Checks for her will have to be returned to the office that issued them by law.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Estate account [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am a new member ,and don`t actually now how does the website work.Ineed some info regarding my father in-law that passed away.He left everything to my mother -in -law,but now she wants to know how to go above to open an estate account.According to the pension fund,she needs to get a...

Estate account [ 6 Answers ]

How do I open an estate account with a check from Georgia and I live in New York. I received the check after the death of my mom.

Estate Account [ 5 Answers ]

My mother recently passed away leaving several insurance polices, all but one named myself as the beneficiary the other named my father who passed away 8 years ago no one else was named as a second beneficiary just as children myself and brother. She left a will and named myself as sole beneficiary...

Estate account [ 3 Answers ]

I am the sole heir to my mother's estate;opened an estate acct. My question is what do I do with the money in that acct? Can I use it to pays bills such as home owners insurance,etc.

View more questions Search