Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bear022013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Degenerative Disc Disease And Failed back surgery syndrome
    I have had three lumbar surgeries,one cervical,achilles tear,ulnar nerve transposition ad nauseum.Would a Massage Therapist be able to help the disc disease?
    bear022013:)
    retiredforgood Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Feb 12, 2009, 08:31 PM

How old are you?
    Seegrist Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 08:54 AM

Sorry but no amount of massage therapy will get into the disc. It is surrounded by massive muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bone. Motion to the spine is your best bet. With motion your discs absorb fluid (called imbibition). Consult your local P.T. or even a chiropractor on exercises or treatments that can restore normal motion to the areas of the spine that have normal function following the surgeries. Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would I qualify for SSI? CTS/Disc Disease [ 3 Answers ]

Back in 97 at age 39 and after a year and a half on the job (Med Billing)I started to suffer carpal tunnel symptoms as well as neck and shoulder pain. It was later determined I had mild CTS and Degenerative Disc Disease of the neck. I have suffered from these ailments ever since and my symptoms...

Degenerative Disk Disease [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know about degenerative disk disease and if you can get disability from this depending on the severatiy of this condition. Haven't been to doctor for awhile but can tell with the pain and the numbness it could be worse. At the last visit doctor said I have aspine of an 80 yr. old...

Alternative to surgery for a slipped disc in my Daschund? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old rescue pup beagle / daschund mix. Through regular daily activities she managed to get a slipped disc in her spine. Surgery was not an option at the time because I had no job & couldn't afford it. A month of rest & crate "LockDown" she seems to be OK until she reinjured her...

Degenerative disc disease [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a sufferer of degenerative disc disease and would like to know if any of you could suggest a seat cushion to use for home or travel as it is very difficult to sit for any length of time.Thank You Jean

View more questions Search