Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prasadbagde1978 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Connect Two High Speed Internet
    I have a net4 broadband connection. They give it through lan. They have no modem. Only we have to login on the online inventum page before we connect to internet. They give static ip to lan connection. Now I have 384kbps speed at this time. I want to get 512 kbps speed also for better speed. As they don't give 1mbps connection in our city yet. They r upgrading there speed in 3 months. Now I want to connect both of these two connection in one laptop. Also want to bridge them and get combine speed from both the connection. Also share that combine speed on my lan. So told me is it possible? Its very urgent because of speed.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2008, 10:53 AM

What you will probably need is a "load balancing router", but that would be for 2 physical connections.

Don't know enough about that system to know if it is possible.

These are just some places to start.
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Oct 1, 2008, 12:23 PM

You can't do what you want with consumer grade hardware. You need business grade hardware to connect to both LAN connections, login to both connections, and provide access to both connections to a single laptop. Expect to spend in excess of $1000 on the hardware needed to achieve this.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Oct 1, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdill View Post
    You can't do what you want with consumer grade hardware. You need business grade hardware to connect to both LAN connections, login to both connections, and provide access to both connections to a single laptop. Expect to spend in excess of $1000 on the hardware needed to achieve this.
    The hardware we looked at for this a year ago for business use required a $20k plus hardware purchase for three routers, etc.

But while browsing a while back, I saw some LinkSys products that performed this same thing on a smaller scale for a small office type environment and the price for the single device is around $450. I could not believe my eyes that it was so cheap. So here it is a link to it for your review.

Linksys.com - Products/Business Solutions/VPN Solutions/RV016
    marked Posts: 41, Reputation: 0

Oct 2, 2008, 04:12 PM

This setup wonr be possible , you cannot combine the speed of that connections...
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2008, 05:11 PM

Didn't look at this product closely, but it does do load sharing for $130. Linksys RV042

Linksys.com - Products/Business Solutions/VPN Solutions/RV042

Oct 2, 2008, 05:24 PM

Yes, that one has a load balancing capability but it cannot combine the speed of the connection... you can just redirect on which connection will the traffic go to ease some network traffic..
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2008, 05:31 PM
    marked:

I'd catch up on your reading and not give false information. (From the data sheet)

or both Internet lines can be active
    simultaneously to increase bandwidth of your Internet connectivity.

Oct 2, 2008, 05:51 PM

Keepitsimplestupid;

I'm working for Linksys that's why I can say that, if you want to try go ahead...

Oct 2, 2008, 05:55 PM

What I'm saying here is base from my experience not base on the data sheet.. try to test it by yourself and inform me it work for you Keepitsimplestupid...
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2008, 05:57 PM

Well, Linksys stuff doesn't work anyway, so I would not be surprised.

I've owed a printserver and a hub. I had to throw both of them away.

Oct 2, 2008, 06:00 PM

Keepitsimple:
    You have a point there, that's why I told you if anyone can make work with that setup just inform me...
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Oct 3, 2008, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    Didn't look at this product closely, but it does do load sharing for $130. Linksys RV042

Linksys.com - Products/Business Solutions/VPN Solutions/RV042
    Does it have the functionality to login to each network, which is a requirement for this user? (I don't think so.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here is the deal... I have a laptop compaq and I have since 1 year and in the laptop I have wireless so I need to put on the wirless bottonn so I can have internet but the problem is... one day I was going to use my laptop and when I push the botton on it was still of the light up the bottom...

High speed internet [ 8 Answers ]

I have a PC hooked up to fios high speed router upstairs.My husband hooked up a belkin device to his USB to get a signal for his PC downstairs.He cannot get a connection.Any ideas? He has windows 2000

High-speed Cable/low Speed Operation [ 1 Answers ]

I had Time Warner Cable(TWC) Road Runner service(high-speed cable) installed recently on my Panasonic CF-47 Laptop. It turns out that it operates two times SLOWER than Dial-Up!! I have a W98 O/S. The High-speed cable into the computer measures normal(as measured by a super-tech with TWC). After he...

High speed internet [ 11 Answers ]

I am pondering what kind of high speed internet to get for my computer. I am currently working with a dial up connection and would like to know what kind of high speed hook up I can use to my advantage. I am primarily using the connection for downloading music off Limewire. Love my music so give...

View more questions Search