Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2008, 09:28 AM
    What Does Sarah Palin read?
    So that hard hitting journalist Katie Couric is at it again with Palin this time she wanted to know What Does Sarah Palin read? Specifically... and Her answer well EVERYTHING ALL OF THEM!! Check out the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9go38MgZ4w8
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Asked what newspapers and magazines she reads, Palin - a journalism major in college - could not name one publication.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2008, 09:41 AM

Me too ;I regularly read from a large variety of sources. I have magazine subscritions ;check them out from the library; read them on-line... even the NY Slimes.

Now Biden ;what does he read ? How about Obama... oh wait we already know that
    Amazon.com: Rules for Radicals: Saul Alinsky: Books
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2008, 09:52 AM
    Ah tom, always deflecting and changing the subject - just like your candidate!
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2008, 09:57 AM

OK I'll give Couric the answer she was phishing for :

"I read the bible and Fox news on line"
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2008, 10:00 AM
    Why not:

"I read the Globe and Mail and Wall Street Week and The New York Times, as well as my staff provide me with a clipping service based on subjects of interest."

See that wasn't so hard.
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2008, 10:02 AM

Tom should could have just said what her favorite newspaper (or online newspaper) is. If someone asked me what newspaper do you read my answer would be like this. Well The only newspaper I read that is actually on paper is the wall street journal. But online I read philly.com nytimes.com foxnews.com cnn.com and many others. Question answered on to the next question see it is pretty simple to do. If she would have done that we wouldn't be sitting here laughing at her.
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2008, 10:18 AM

I think she nailed Couric's intent when she replied :

I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news, too. Alaska isn't a foreign country, where it's kind of suggested, “Wow, how could you keep in touch with what the rest of Washington, D.C., may be thinking when you live up there in Alaska?” Believe me, Alaska is like a microcosm of America.
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news, too.
    And she couldn't name one?
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Oct 1, 2008, 01:51 PM

Do I sense left wing desperation here?
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1 View Post
    Do I sense left wing desperation here?
    People in glass houses...
    Ask Me Help Desk - Search Results
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2008, 01:57 PM

Gal it was a simple question with a simple answer but apparently it was a little to complex Sarah Palin. If she would have even said I love reading _____ and actually said something we all would have been satisfied but no she couldn't even handle that.

You know the more I watch the Palin Katie Couric interviews the harder it is to tell them apart with the Saturday night live skits. And that is very sad.
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2008, 01:59 PM
    Ouch NK don't point out Gals Hypocrisy
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2008, 02:11 PM
    LOL, "you guys" will make an issue out of anything. NK will even make anything about Fox News an issue but nothing about Couric's loaded question, "when it comes to establishing your world view, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines do you generally read..

Tell us Spit, what would have been the right answer on what newspapers and magazines she reads when it comes to establishing her world view? Which one should she give a plug to? Which one do YOU want her to say?
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Tell us Spit, what would have been the right answer on what newspapers and magazines she reads when it comes to establishing her world view? Which one should she give a plug to? Which one do YOU want her to say?
    Please re-read the whole thread before posting.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2008, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Please re-read the whole thread before posting.
    And you're point would be what, NK? Seriously, don't give me that condescending BS, monitoring your own relevance would be more appropriate.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2008, 04:24 PM
    Tom if you think she 'nailed' that question than you're having a laugh! I agree, it means very little , but she still looked stupid. As if you guys wouldn't have made a deal of it had it been Obama!
    Give and take boys!
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2008, 04:54 PM

I'm being serious... she gave an honest answer. What do you think she meant when she said
    That she reads "anything" and "everything" that's "put in front of her".

She's a governor . She gets into work in the morning and her staff has given her clippings from the major national news stories and the local Alaskan newspapers. She doesn't sit down to the NY Slimes . She's a busy exec. So she reads what is given to her to read . Often they are AP stories off the internet that are not attributed to any particular periodical.

Now you all know this to be the truth so your ridicule is just some more cat calling from the cheap seats.

Her problem is that she did not play along with it. I would've said I read Little Green Footballs ,Newsmax , Free Republic ,National Review etc. all stuff that would've driven Couric crazy.
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2008, 06:52 AM

Speech if you refer to post #7 I said what I read. But no one cares what I read because I am not a VP candidate. But if someone asked me I would have given an actual answers not everything all of them.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2008, 07:55 AM
    Hello tom:

She may read gazillions of newspapers - everything that comes her way... But, as honest as her answer may have been, the perception we're left with, is that she doesn't read ANYTHING.

But, of course, she DOESN'T read everything like she says. There isn't time. The truth is, YOU and I, and every other person who reads, filters through various publications. We don't read them all. So, she doesn't either.

Now, she MAY read what's put in front of her, but that means sombody else is handling her, spoon feeding her information, kind of like a Karl Rove type, and that's not good either.

But, whether she reads or not, and as honest as YOU might think the answer was, she blew it. Because it's the PERCEPTION that sticks around.. And, the perception she left is that she doesn't read...

In fact, I don't think she does read. Because, you know what you read, and you can spout the names of the publications without much thought. So does everybody else who DOES read - ergo, Sarah Palin is pretty dumb, in my personal view.

Let's see how she does tonight.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sarah Palin are Alaska for Vice President! [ 235 Answers ]

BWAH HA HA HA John McCain has truly lost his mind!

Sarah Palin Brief GMA Interview [ 73 Answers ]

This morning Good Morning America show brief skits of the Sarah Palin Interview airing tonight on 20/20. This interview show me that the inexperience issue is now out the window. Sarah Palin answers were so off course, the inteviewer had to stop and restate the question 3 - 4 time regarding...

Did McCain VP Palin Know? [ 4 Answers ]

I find it hard to believe that McCain VP Palin didn't know about her daughters pregnacny till after she was nominated as VP. Do you think she knew? Is the father being force to get married. Tell me what you think

Bristol Palin Pregnant Right Now [ 13 Answers ]

Bristol Palin pregnant -- right now - First Read - msnbc.com

View more questions Search