Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fromhull Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 08:36 AM
    Humid distibutor fix
    Hi. My 97 civic lx stopped starting when it was wet out. I discovered that blow drying the distributor for 3 minutes gets her running every time. The cap has no cracks and the spark wires look fine. Is there a seal between the cap and distributor that can be replaced? Does anyone know the procedure for that? Do I have to worry about timing afterwards if I take off the cap?
    Thanks in advance
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2008, 08:52 AM

Replace, if necessary, the o-ring. No need to worry about affecting the timing, if you remove the distributor cap.

The link below should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post520809
    fromhull Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 09:13 AM

Thanks for the speedy response. That's great

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do for a laminate floor that makes clicking sound when it's humid [ 1 Answers ]

We installed a Pergo laminate floor in the kitchen several years ago. This wide plank laminate had the pad already attached to the floor boards. It looks beautiful still and for the first 4 years we had no problems. In the last 2 years, the floor makes a clicking sound when we walk on it if it's...

Car "stalls" during "hot and humid" temperatures! [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1993 ford taurus 3.8L V6 automatic GL. My problem is that when there are "hot and humid" temperatures outside my car will "stall" or "shut off" while I am driving. It will only do this when it is "hot and humid" outside. My car "shut off" today on me when I was driving it and the...

A/C seems to work fine but inside house is humid [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 15 month old Goodman 2 ton package unit (13 seer). Unit seems to work fine. But lately, the inside of the house seems humid all the time. Everything is sticky, and the air is humid and not dry like it should be. What should I look for to solve this problem?

1994 Honda, won't start when wet or humid [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 1994 Honda Accord. Over the last year, whenever it rains or is very humid (live in FL) it will not start. It tries, it cranks but just doesn't turn over. If it has been hot and dry, I have no problems starting it... it was great during our dry season. Can you give me any ideas of...

Chemical that knows how humid it is. [ 1 Answers ]

Many years ago while attending a state fair in the mid-west one vendor would give away a one inch by three inch piece of paper that had the thickness like a manila file folder. This was impregnated with a chemical on a spot about the size of a dime. It had a pink color to it and when the humidity...

View more questions Search