Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jiwonstr Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Installing Windows XP on my macbook
    Hi all,

I purchased my macbook about a year ago. It's run using 10.4 Tiger I believe (the previous version of Leopard).

I want to install Windows XP on my macbook (it's intel processed) but need the bootcamp. The apple website directs me to the page of OSX Leopard and I'm guessing I have to purchase it?

Does anybody know where I can get bootcamp for free? I thought the software was free before and now it costs?

Please help,
    Thanks!
    tf7426 Posts: 282, Reputation: 21

Oct 1, 2008, 12:45 PM

Boot camp isn't a download because its built into 10.5 and it won't work with 10.4

However you can install the beta (which is old but should still work)
    Download Apple Boot Camp 1.3b - Apple Boot Camp
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Oct 1, 2008, 06:22 PM

There is another solution that I think will work with 10.4, Virtual Box. It lets you run Windows on top of OS X like Parallels or VMware Fusion do, but it's Open Source so it's free. Can't tell you how hard it is to install & use, though because I haven't tried it yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing Windows XP from MS-DOS... [ 9 Answers ]

Im trying to install XP, this PC is totally DOS no any windows installed so no shortcut installation to make... Here: Everything are all set partition and HD formated... A:\>smartdrv (enter) A:\>e: (enter) E:\>cd I386 (enter) E:\I386>winnt (enter) Then when the windows files is...

Installing windows [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody My question is about installing windows. So far I did that but only on a laptop ( my own). What I want to know if there is a difference in installing windows on a PC regarding the drivers for peripherals and things like sound, graphics etc... because the PC is made of pieces and I...

PC shuts down before installing windows xp [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 80gig maxtor hard drive and DVD writer connected on the same IDE cable, when I want to install windows xp or ubuntu linux the computer shuts down. When I boot from dvd-rom window loads until that part of (starting windows) then it shuts down. When I run ubuntu live cd it fully loads...

Installing retro fit windows [ 4 Answers ]

I installed our first window.Every thing went OK,it took a while but it was our first one.We will be installing more but first I need to do the trim around this first one first. Does anyone have any tips? I did not realize how bowed out the sides of the window hole is on the interior side until I...

Installing Windows xp [ 2 Answers ]

If someone installed xp that belongs to someone else could they still get updates? Should it be registered in the owner's name? How should that be handled? Is it OK to register it twice under one name? Will it still work? Thanks.

View more questions Search