Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peter030205 Posts: 56, Reputation: 5

Oct 1, 2008, 07:42 AM
    Electrical Load
    Hello,

Trying to determine the electrical load for a restaurant that I am designing. Can someone please point me to the NEC section to base load calculations from? Thanks in advance.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Oct 1, 2008, 01:22 PM
    Contact an architect. They can do this calculation for you. That or have an electrician look at your prints and do the same.
    This is commercial work and is NOT DIY work.
    ejgarcia111 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 01:34 PM

I too agree that you may be in over your head if you don't even know where to look in the code book. I would recommend using a professional for this. But Branch Circuit, Feeder, and Service Calculations can be found in section 220 of the NEC. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical Load Calculations [ 4 Answers ]

Electrical Load Calculations with all necessary factors

Calculating Electrical Load Non-Occupied Home [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I am trying to qualify for an Ag rate on a non-occupied country home. The home is 2100 square feet and has a full kitchen and washer/dryer. It also has a swimming pool with a cleaner and a hot tub. The oven and hot tub are powered by propane. All heat is by gas stove and no air conditioning....

Electrical current load [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, My name is Jack from lockport, IL. I am installing a bathroom in my basement which include a sewage waste pump. The pump is 1/2 horse and rated at 19.4 amps normal running. Would it be too much if I was to hook the sewage pump, a gfci outlet (for shaver or hair dryer) two lights...

Electrical load caculating [ 1 Answers ]

I have some experience in installing residential electric but I never had to calculate the load for anyone’s home. I have a friend who wants me to run power out to his garage for a outlet and a light and he also wants a line ran up to the second floor for his home office for a computer and he has...

View more questions Search