Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AmExp Posts: 330, Reputation: 11

Sep 30, 2008, 09:30 PM
    I reconciled with my ex. Now what?
    Ok, for those of you who are not familiar with me then you can read my story in my earlier posts.

Anyway, I have reconciled with my ex boyfriend which is something I thought would NEVER EVER HAPPEN! So WOW! I saw him at his job and decided I would make conversation. Well the conversation lead to him taking my number again. I told him he should come by my new place sometime ( but I did not force anything). He didn't call me that night. Instead, I got a call from him on Saturday night basically asking me to hang out. I went over to chill with him and despite the fact he was under the influence ( we will keep it at that) he admitted to me how sorry he was and that he meant it from the bottom of his heart. He went on to tell me how I was a good person and did not deserve to be taken advantage of. That felt amazing considering what I had been through because of him. So as time went on I had something to drink and he eventually drank to. We did some talking and catching up after not hanging out with him for the past 9 months. ( I saw him 3 times in passing). I asked him if he was seeing someone and he said NO! I also asked if he cheated on me and he looked me dead in my eyes and said NO! However these days that doesn't mean much So we hooked up but did not go all the way. I have always had a fun time with him sexually and he has praised me with how great I am. So a few days pass and tonight I call him asking is he wants to come over. He works the late shift at a café. He said he was tired tonight and maybe we could hang out over the weekend. That was not good enough for me so I asked if he wanted to recreate out old sexual chemistry. He said to me, "We can chill sometimes, but not like that." I am surprised simply because of what happened over the weekend and how things seemed to be going well again. I got pissed and texted to him "I didn't want to start a relationship. I think you are fun to please, but I can take my skills elsewhere. If you wants to just chill with me this weekend then we can do it and I wont bring up the sex thing again. Otherwise I will see you when do The door is open."

Question 1: What the hell is going on with him?
    Question 2: Was I hoping for too much?
    QUestion 3: Is he playing games with me when he says " We can chill, but not like that?"

I am confused but I will say at this rate I am not expecting anything. I just wanted to have fun like we used to without getting hurt. What do you all think? Help?

Sep 30, 2008, 11:04 PM
    Anyone? Help?
    SuaveWazoo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 12:58 AM
    Just take it slow. Please don't jump into anything too fast, especially if you two are reconciling and one person doesn't want to do anything too much (in this case, it is your bf). Besides, HE WAS TIRED!! Anyway, I have a feeling that he may want to just take it slow and develop a good friendship and rebuild trust again. At the very least, I suggest that option. Better to be secure and fully happy with each other again. That should be you two's goal and aim. Because if you want sex when he doesn't at this point, this is going against what is healthy in a relationship, aka equal levels between both partners. It will be good for both of you!
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2008, 05:21 AM

First, he seems like he is being very distant and doesn't want to start a relationship and you are kind of forcing him.

Second, yes you are hoping for too much! You just started talking to him again and immediately want to jump back into an old routine, that old routine didn't work.

Third, Nope not playing games, just being honest

Oct 1, 2008, 06:15 AM
    Clarity... I DO NOT want a relationship with that person and I made it clear to them. I just think we have a good sexual chemistry, but you both make good points. I am not going to bring it up to him again and I mentioned that as well. I just got too eager. Anyway, thanks.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 1, 2008, 07:35 AM

He obviously is not going along with your plan, and so sorry, he ain't interested in being your friend with benefits, boy toy when you need it..

So even though your hanging out as buddies, this is hardly a reconciliation.

Not very realistic on your part. Sorry.

Oct 1, 2008, 07:56 PM

When I said reconciliation I meant we are talking and made amends. We are cordial to one another. But I am over it now... thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can this be reconciled with Christianity? [ 5 Answers ]

The murder trial of a Georgia couple accused of whipping, confining and then beating their son to death shines a spotlight on the child discipline practices of a controversial Brentwood church. Josef Smith, 8, died in 2003 on the day he was whipped with foot-long glue sticks, locked in a closet...

View more questions Search