Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rrcoins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Luffa Sponge
    I've got a Luffa vine growing on my fence. Some of the flowers have now turned into long squash like fruits. My question is what do I have to do to get them to be sponges?. Thanks
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 11:07 PM

Someone with more knowledge than I will be around I am sure with good advice. My experiece has been to let them dry on the vine. Once the stems are brown and dry, pull the luffa off, break off the stem as well as the outside. There will be seeds inside and you just work the luffa until the seeds come out and there is your sponge, ready to use. As I say, there will be others more knowledgeable but what fun to grow them! Best to you!

In the meantime, the following link will provide great information:

http://county.ces.uga.edu/cobb/Horti...fa.htm#harvest

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fatless sponge. [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried twice to make a sponge without using any margarine or butter and both times the cake didn’t rise very well, it turned out more like a sponge ball. When it says in the recipe fold in the flour are you supposed to use a knife or a spoon. Can anyone help as even the birds can't fly after...

Looking for Sponge hair rollers spaed like a spool attached with a scunci. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I am searching for a specific type of hair roller for my aunt. She used to have a set of hair rollers made of either sponge or foam. They are shaped like a spool of wire or thread approx. 2 inches across. Once you curl your hair into the curler, you attach it with a scunci instead of clips...

Replace filter for Miller furnace that looks like sponge [ 1 Answers ]

I had a Miller furnace installed as a replacement unit aprox. 2 yrs. Ago. It has a filter that looks like a piece of very thin sponge and I have no idea where to find a replacement. I have inquired at Home Depot and Lowe's to no available. Thought I had found something but it was for an air...

View more questions Search