Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    follow please Posts: 64, Reputation: -1

Sep 30, 2008, 03:34 PM
    Id like some opinions on some books to read.
    Hey id love some opinions from everyone on books to read. I love utopian books. Currently I am reading George Orwell's 1984, and just finished Aldous Huxleys Brave New World, amazing book by the way. I like to read about war and hardship, and incredible human strength (not super heroes, will power and motivation type strenght). Or throw in some different books to broaden my horizons, thanks!
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 05:21 PM

Isaac Asimov writes wonderfully entertaining fiction with "real" people.
    Couchcarrot Posts: 590, Reputation: 41

Sep 30, 2008, 10:12 PM
    "Gone With The Wind," by Margaret Mitchell

"Uncle Tom's Cabin," by Harriet Beecher Stowe
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 10:18 PM

"Night" by Elie Wiesel, about the hardships he went through during the holocaust
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 30, 2008, 10:22 PM

How about Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale, "a feminist dystopia (negative utopia) because it is set within an imperfect society of the future, and addresses the misogyny of patriarchal culture." (from bookrags.com)
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2008, 03:21 PM
    You might enjoy Captains and the Kings by Taylor Caldwell.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 06:43 AM

I still love The Scarlet Pimpernel. It is set during the French Revolution... if you like reading about war and strong characters, this is one for you! ;)
    aokai Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Oct 9, 2008, 10:09 AM
    For war and hardship try The Power of One and The Book Thief

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I read a series of books (6 or 7) I remember the plot, not the titles. [ 1 Answers ]

I read a series of 6 or 7 books about 15 years ago. I need help remembering the name of the series, I don't remember the name of the books or characters. I only remember the plot line and a couple of odd things that happened. I remember a girl travelled to another world or time at first by...

Books to read to improve the Self, Relationships, ease Breakups, and so forth. [ 4 Answers ]

I noticed that in some threads, people would occasionally mention books that they had been reading about relationships (whether it was with someone, or the relationship you build with yourself). I’m talking about books that really help. I thought it would be a good idea for people to list the...

I need more books to read [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for authors that have the same style/plotlines as John Sandford with his "Prey" and Kidd" novels. I also like James Patterson with "Alex Cross". I do not like Jonathan Kellerman. I find him long winded and boring until the last 100 pages. Please let me know of titles and/or...

Read any good books lately? [ 29 Answers ]

I'm always looking for something new and interesting to read! Does anyone have any suggestions?

View more questions Search