Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wmtodaro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2008, 02:19 PM
    No water, 2 handle sink
    Hi,

I've a 2 handle kitchen faucet. Recently it became erratic and you had to play with one of the handles in order to get water. Now there is no water from either handle or veggie sprayer. I've disassembled the spigot and it is free all the way to the base of the assembly.

Is there anything that would affect both handles and block any water at all from the spigot?

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 30, 2008, 03:28 PM
    Is there anything that would affect both handles and block any water at all from the spigot?
    Pump or city water? Any trash in the aerator when you checked?
    If the supplies or seats were blocked that would give you the situation you have.
    Shut the water of under the cabinet and open up both stem and washer assemblies.(see image) Keep them separate so they aren't interchanged. Turn the water back on for a few seconds. No action? Run a stiff wire down the past the seats and try again. Still no joy? Remove the supplies,check to see if they'renot clogged and see if you have pressure to the stops. I you can't get water out of the stops click on back and we'll check farther. Good luck, Tom
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 30, 2008, 03:31 PM

Speedball said it all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water handle turns wrong way after I installed new water valve [ 6 Answers ]

Water handle turns wrong way, after I installed new water valve

Loose one handle faucet on kitchen sink [ 6 Answers ]

How would I fix my kitchen faucet it is very loose on the sink - still works fine - but I know this can't be good for it. It is a one handle with spray diverter. It didn't just gradually get loose - just one day it was like that. I need something like 'anatomy of a faucet' - as I have no clue...

Changed shower handle can't get hot water now [ 3 Answers ]

I changed the shower handle in the bath tub. Ever since I change the handle, I cannot get the hot water back to the position or even to get hot enough water back. Is there a position in which the handle has to go back. Can someone help. Thank you. Linda

Water leaking from toilet handle. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having trouble fixing a leak. My toilet occasionally leaks from the handle. The float cup stays emerged under water as the water continues to rise. Never does the water reach the top of the overflow pipe. It stops filling at the handle level and then slowly trickles through the handle hole...

Cold water handle moves on its own [ 3 Answers ]

Have a two handled faucet in a clawfoot tub. Pressure is fine for both hot and cold, however when the shower is running the cold water knob slowly moves toward the closed position. In otherwords, the handle actually moves on its own. You have to continually open it back up in order to keep your...

View more questions Search