Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    medicpr40 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Military criminal records
    Can someone tell me the proper procedures for the removal of a military criminal record and how much will cost?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by medicpr40 View Post
    Can someone tell me the proper procedures for the removal of a military criminal record and how much will cost ??
    From the Internet:

"For U.S. federal convictions, pardons are issued by the President. In states, pardons are issued by the governor, with varying levels of control and influence over the pardons process given to state pardons boards. If your conviction is for a U.S. military offense, you will have to apply for clemency with the branch of the military which issued the conviction before you can apply for a pardon with the President. Ordinarily, your pardon application will include extensive personal information, an explanation of the facts of the offense for which you wish to be pardoned, your other criminal history (if any), your rehabilitation, your residences, financial, and employment history, and affidavits from people who know you about your present good character. Ordinarily, you must serve out your sentence in full, including any term of probation or parole, before you will be considered for a pardon."

Cost will undoubtedly vary from Attorney to Attorney - you will have to ask around.
    medicpr40 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 08:17 AM
    Judy thanks for taking the time to answer my question , but my offense was an article 15 in 1993 and I don't know why that appears on the national crime information center (NCIC)
    So my incident did'nt went into a court martial. It was work up in house, so that's why I ask how that end up on NCIC and how can I get that expunge or removed from there , anything you can help me with , it will be really appreciated
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 1, 2008, 10:39 AM

NCIC is merely a data base, it gets its info from the reporting agencies. The military reports its convictions to it.

So you have to get it erased from the military records to have it drop off the NCIC records.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal records exsponge [ 4 Answers ]

How do I get my criminal record exsponged

Infraction in criminal records [ 3 Answers ]

I have an infraction in my criminal record (Driving w/o driver's license) It reads: DISPO: convicted Conviction status: infraction Fine: $100 I wanted to expunge this, but I talked to a lawyer, and she said that infractions can not be expunged and that infractions...

Criminal records in canada [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I wasn't thinking properly back then, 12 years ago I caught shoplifting small amount of merchant at the bay store in canada, a security guard took me the back room and take my id and so on , they said they will call the police but police never show up and 30 min so they let me go and...

Criminal Records in Canada [ 1 Answers ]

How do they work? Once you have one what are your options? How long does it stay, what jobs are restricted is there any way to get rid of it? Thank you :)

Criminal Records [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted get a clarification on what will show up if an potential employer was to do a criminal search. If I was charged with an indictable offence, but have not been found guilty and is still in the process of the courts, will this show up on the criminal history background check? What if...

View more questions Search