Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Taxes Erroneously Withheld
    I work as a remote employee to my Boston based company in FL. I pay taxes to Florida and not MA. This was a recent change. However, my HR department failed to make the change in payroll causing my state taxes to be sent to MA when they should have been in my direct deposit. Their response is "you will get the overpayment back when you file your MA state tax return".

I doubt this is a legal issue, but... I give a free loan to MA because my company screwed up?

DISREGARD: get the right people on the phone and amazing things happen.

Check out some similar questions!

Not Sure why NJ State Taxes Withheld - What to do? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a student living in State X. My summer internship was in State Y. When I received my W2, I realized my employer had withheld taxes for States X, Y, and also for NJ. I am not a resident of nor did I do any work in NJ this fiscal year. The only connection I have to NJ is that my...

Taxes not withheld [ 7 Answers ]

I work for a company that pays me by the hour and does not withhold taxes of any kind. I made $8, 500 this year. Do I have to file taxes? Can I file and get the earned income Credit due to having one son who is 14 years old?

Taxes being withheld [ 2 Answers ]

My husband gets his taxes taken due to back child support. This year we are married and filing together. Will they take everything from our taxes together towards his back child support?

Taxes withheld from our paychecks [ 2 Answers ]

What is the purpose of collecting taxes from our weekly paycheck?

Taxes withheld on bonus [ 1 Answers ]

Hello sir or madam How do I calculate taxes withheld on 2598.00 My 401k deducted was 129.90 (and is 401k deducted on your bonus) My exemptions are 3 I AM IN NEW YORK Rgds

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.