Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Sep 30, 2008, 09:47 AM
    What is a community organizer?
    I realize that I'm out of the loop a lot, but I finally realized what a community organizer is. There are three prominent ones at the present time: Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Barak Hussein Obama.

Now it comes to light that Obama worked with ACORN to pressure banks into giving mortgages to unqualified borrowers (minorities). This being the case, Obama is a part of the problem of the melt-down. Of course, he will deny it and say he has a PLAN to correct the problem, and most of the media slaves will give him a complete pass. Obama is nothing more than a carefully packaged Jackson or Sharpton.

Of course, that is completely in line with his mantra of CHANGE.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 10:00 AM

Mona Charen addresses this question this morning in her column. Note : the Dems were forced to remove a provision of the bailout legislation that would've skimmed 20% of any profit the government might realize from the purchase of garbage debt to go to groups like ACORN.

The financial markets were teetering on the edge of an abyss last week. The secretary of the Treasury was literally on his knees begging the speaker of the House not to sabotage the bailout bill. The crash of falling banks made the earth tremble. The Republican presidential candidate suspended his campaign to deal with the crisis. And amid all this, the Democrats in Congress managed to find time to slip language into the bailout legislation that would provide a dandy little slush fund for ACORN.
    ACORN stands for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, a busy hive of left-wing agitation and "direct action" that claims chapters in 50 cities and 100,000 dues-paying members. ACORN is where Sixties leftovers who couldn't get tenure at universities wound up. That the bill-writing Democrats remembered their pet clients during such an emergency speaks volumes. This attempted gift to ACORN (stripped out of the bill after outraged howls from Republicans) demonstrates how little Democrats understand about what caused the mess we're in.

ACORN does many things under the umbrella of "community organizing." They agitate for higher minimum wages, attempt to thwart school reform, try to unionize welfare workers (that is, those welfare recipients who are obliged to work in exchange for benefits) and organize voter registration efforts (always for Democrats, of course). Because they are on the side of righteousness and justice, they aren't especially fastidious about their methods. [Note this means the adopt the methods of the radical Saul Alinsky]In 2006, for example, ACORN registered 1,800 new voters in Washington. The only trouble was, with the exception of six, all of the names submitted were fake. The secretary of state called it the "worst case of election fraud in our state's history." As Fox News reported:
    "The ACORN workers told state investigators that they went to the Seattle public library, sat at a table and filled out the voter registration forms. They made up names, addresses, and Social Security numbers and in some cases plucked names from the phone book. One worker said it was a lot of hard work making up all those names and another said he would sit at home, smoke marijuana and fill out the forms."
    ACORN explained that this was an "isolated" incident, yet similar stories have been reported in Missouri, Michigan, Ohio, and Colorado -- all swing states, by the way. ACORN members have been prosecuted for voter fraud in a number of states. (See Rotten ACORN :: Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now.) Their philosophy seems to be that everyone deserves the right to vote, whether legal or illegal, living or dead.
    ACORN recognized very early the opportunity presented by the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) of 1977. As Stanley Kurtz has reported, ACORN proudly touted "affirmative action" lending and pressured banks to make subprime loans. Madeline Talbott, a Chicago ACORN leader, boasted of "dragging banks kicking and screaming" into dubious loans. And, as Sol Stern reported in City Journal, ACORN also found a remunerative niche as an "advisor" to banks seeking regulatory approval. "Thus we have J.P. Morgan & Co., the legatee of the man who once symbolized for many all that was supposedly evil about American capitalism, suddenly donating hundreds of thousands of dollars to ACORN." Is this a great country or what? As conservative community activist Robert Woodson put it, "The same corporations that pay ransom to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton pay ransom to ACORN."
    ACORN attracted Barack Obama in his youthful community organizing days. Madeline Talbott hired him to train her staff -- the very people who would later descend on Chicago's banks as CRA shakedown artists. The Democratic nominee later funneled money to the group through the Woods Fund, on whose board he sat, and through the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, ditto. Obama was not just sympathetic -- he was an ACORN fellow traveler.
    Now you could make the case that before 2008, well-intentioned people were simply unaware of what their agitation on behalf of non-credit-worthy borrowers could lead to. But now? With the whole financial world and possibly the world economy trembling and cracking like a cement building in an earthquake, Democrats continue to try to fund their friends at ACORN? And, unashamed, they then trot out to the TV cameras to declare "the party is over" for Wall Street (Nancy Pelosi)? The party should be over for the Democrats who brought us to this pass. If Obama wins, it means hiring an arsonist to fight a fire.

Copyright 2008, Creators Syndicate Inc.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1 View Post
    I realize that I'm out of the loop a lot, but I finally realized what a community organizer is. There are three prominent ones at the present time: Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Barak Hussein Obama.

Now it comes to light that Obama worked with ACORN to pressure banks into giving mortgages to unqualified borrowers (minorities). This being the case, Obama is a part of the problem of the melt-down. Of course, he will deny it and say he has a PLAN to correct the problem, and most of the media slaves will give him a complete pass. Obama is nothing more than a carefully packaged Jackson or Sharpton.

Of course, that is completely in line with his mantra of CHANGE.
    I just have to say, Great post and great observation. Thank you.

I had some clown tell me Jesus was a community organizer. Wow, America is really going down the tubes. These idiots deserve everything they are losing.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 10:37 AM

I had some clown tell me Jesus was a community organizer. Wow, America is really going down the tubes. These idiots deserve everything they are losing.
    You forgot the best part of the diss. They go on to say that Pontius Pilot was a Governor lol .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Hello Gal:

Well, of course when it's all going south, it's the other guy's fault. Hopefully, you're not buying into the party line...

But, the TRUTH of the matter (and you can count on me to give you the TRUTH and NOT the party line), is EVERYBODY is part of the problem. As an example, everybody was taking credit for the wonderful economy when it WAS working.

The list of bad guys includes, but is not limited to: poor people who lied, real estate salesmen who made commissions, loan brokers who made commissions, bankers who made commissions, hedge funds who made commissions, banks and other Wall Streeters who made commissions. Then there are the lobbyists who made money, politicians of BOTH stripes who got large campaign contributions, and who passed laws that allowed it to happen, and the dufus in chief who was gushing about HIS economy because of DE regulation. Finally, it was those heads of the regulating agencies who didn't regulate because they were appointed by the dufus, who has a philosophy that government regulation IS the problem.

So, don't buy into this OTHER guy crap. You've been waiting for my fiscal conservative side to emerge. Of course, it's always been there, but we don't talk a lot about economic matters. The Republicans in congress have it right. Or, at least in the short run. I hope they don't cave into the BIG giveaway. Alas and alack. It appears that I'm even to the right of these extreme right wingers.

If I may digress for a moment, inflation is still the enemy regardless of how much they scream about the pain we're in NOW. You see, inflation (or free money), is very much like an addiction. A good shot of free money would free real good right now. Then everybody would be off the hook. And, it WOULD feel good too. But, like any addiction, we'll feel good for a time, but there WILL be a reckoning ahead. Of that, there IS NO QUESTION.

Therefore, I suggest that if there's going to be pain, then let there be pain. The pain we'll experience NOW, will be much less than the one that's sure to come. So, I say NO bailout. Let these companies die. Out of the ashes, stronger companies will grow.

excon

PS> Oh yeah, what is a community organizer? Well, he's like me. I'm organizing you folks. It's just that you folks don't comply.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 12:14 PM

I couldn't agree more. Also, we have to pay the countries that have bought our debt. The only problem is, our fiat monopoly money is near worthless so it will take about SEVENHUNDREDBIZILLION pieces of paper to get er done.

As far as fault, I've been working my azz off for years and paying my taxes. My home and my Chevy are paid for. I don't steal and I try not to lie. If I am to blame then tell me for what.

Sep 30, 2008, 03:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Gal:

Well, of course when it's all going south, it's the other guy's fault. Hopefully, you're not buying into the party line.....

But, the TRUTH of the matter (and you can count on me to give you the TRUTH and NOT the party line), is EVERYBODY is part of the problem. As an example, everybody was taking credit for the wonderful economy when it WAS working.

The list of bad guys includes, but is not limited to: poor people who lied, real estate salesmen who made commissions, loan brokers who made commissions, bankers who made commissions, hedge funds who made commissions, banks and other Wall Streeters who made commissions. Then there are the lobbyists who made money, politicians of BOTH stripes who got large campaign contributions, and who passed laws that allowed it to happen, and the dufus in chief who was gushing about HIS economy because of DE regulation. Finally, it was those heads of the regulating agencies who didn't regulate because they were appointed by the dufus, who has a philosophy that government regulation IS the problem.

So, don't buy into this OTHER guy crap. You've been waiting for my fiscal conservative side to emerge. Of course, it's always been there, but we don't talk a lot about economic matters. The Republicans in congress have it right. Or, at least in the short run. I hope they don't cave into the BIG giveaway. Alas and alack. It appears that I'm even to the right of these extreme right wingers.

If I may digress for a moment, inflation is still the enemy regardless of how much they scream about the pain we're in NOW. You see, inflation (or free money), is very much like an addiction. A good shot of free money would free real good right now. Then everybody would be off the hook. And, it WOULD feel good too. But, like any addiction, we'll feel good for a time, but there WILL be a reckoning ahead. Of that, there IS NO QUESTION.

Therefore, I suggest that if there's going to be pain, then let there be pain. The pain we'll experience NOW, will be much less than the one that's sure to come. So, I say NO bailout. Let these companies die. Out of the ashes, stronger companies will grow.

excon

PS> Oh yeah, what is a community organizer? Well, he's like me. I'm organizing you folks. It's just that you folks don't comply.
    All sad, but true, Ex. The big problem is that THESE people aren't running for president jof the USA. Obama IS!!
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Sep 30, 2008, 09:53 PM

Psssst Galveston... I know you're for country disorganization under John McCain. I'm not surprised. However the organizing candidate's name is spelled B-a-r-a-c-k Hussein Obama. BTW if you think I care about a person's middle name being "Hussein," think again. It doesn't mean anything to people that are not prejudice.

Oct 1, 2008, 02:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM View Post
    Psssst Galveston...I know you're for country disorganization under John McCain. I'm not surprised. However the organizing candidate's name is spelled B-a-r-a-c-k Hussein Obama. BTW if you think I care about a person's middle name being "Hussein," think again. It doesn't mean anything to people that are not prejudice.
    Nice sidestep, Bobby. Now tell me how Obama is DIFFERENT from Jesse and Al.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Oct 1, 2008, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob View Post
    I just have to say, Great post and great observation. Thank you.

Only the secular media would put "commmunity organizer" and Jesus as comparable.

Christians know Jesus is the savior of the world.

Even Jews and Muslims acknowledge Jesus as a prophet.

The fact that the Obama camp does not clarify that NO ONE can compare to Jesus speaks volumes as to Obama's belief. Messiah complex it is. ;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2008, 08:39 PM

Q. Why won't Obama Messiah release his real birth certificate?

A. It shows that he didn't have a virgin birth.

Oct 2, 2008, 02:10 PM

I am more interested why he hasn't offered proof of his Christian baptism. There are a lot of Christians who believe he is still a Muslim. Call it prejudice if you will, but there are a lot of people who wouldn't vote for Romney because he is Mormon, and there wire a lot of people who didn't vote for Kennedy because he was Catholic. Suspicion may be born of prejudice or not. Obama could allay much of this if he would either show that baptismal record or make a clear-cut testimony that Jesus is his Lord. (He does claim to be a Christian, right?)
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Oct 2, 2008, 02:41 PM

I thought Bush was the one with the messiah ideas.
    Obama is different from Sharpton and Jackson in that he is from a priviledged background. His father is not descended from American blacks and never experienced segregation,Jim Crow, the Civil Rights movement, or American slavery which is the whole black experience in America

Oct 2, 2008, 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wildandblue View Post
    I thought Bush was the one with the messiah ideas.
    Obama is different from Sharpton and Jackson in that he is from a priviledged background. His father is not descended from American blacks and never experienced segregation,Jim Crow, the Civil Rights movement, or American slavery which is the whole black experience in America

Huge fallacies in your argument. Barack's father is not running for President and note that every Black child (or person of darker skin tone) born today in America, didn't live under Jim Crow laws or march in the Civil Rights movement. Your point is moot. Barack Obama is an "American," a United States citizen and has encountered the same stigmas as any other African American. Lastly the whole Black experience is not relegated to the past, as you claimed. There are still multiple issues that have to be reckon within Black communities. However the Black experience also has to be appreciated historically having witnessed the first African American nominee for President coming from a major party. That's quite a breakthrough after two hundred years, and I am proud for them!

Oct 2, 2008, 04:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1 View Post
    Nice sidestep, Bobby. Now tell me how Obama is DIFFERENT from Jesse and Al.
    In which way do you think they're all the same??

Oct 3, 2008, 10:44 AM

I asked you first, professor. (Did I guess right?)

Oct 3, 2008, 11:47 AM

I'm saying Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have paid their dues and came up the hard way in America, they're not some interloper who wants to use them without actually struggling to get by. Just so obnoxious I mean after the primary, we're all in the midst of foreclosure crisis and the candidate and his wife take a quick vacation to relax in the Bahamas?
    Reminds you of Bush's first term, right after inauguration the President goes on vacation for a month, like he thinks
    President is another parttime job like Governor of Texas.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 12:53 PM

Wow I never knew someone who was raised by a single parent was considered to be from privileged background. I had both parents growing up I must be part of the Elite!! Regardless of if he didn't grow up in Jim Crow how many black people do you think lived in Hawaii with him? I've read Dreams from my Father and there was NOTHING privileged about Obama's Background. He dealt with racism just like every other black person in America.

Oct 3, 2008, 12:56 PM

Isn't his mother a senator's daughter? He attended an Ivy league school?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search