Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2008, 07:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildsporty View Post
    Since when do people get laughed at and belittled for asking a question on this site?
    Hello again, Shirley:

I didn't see any belittling. I just saw a discussion.

The law offers ALL sorts of opportunity for people to disagree with each other. As a matter of fact, that's what our justice system is BASED on. That is two lawyers going head to head, arguing as loudly and as vociferously as they can for their legal point of view.

That's what goes on here, with good advice, hopefully, being the result.

Your legal work is cogent and smart. I hope you stick around, but you need to thicken up your skin.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 9, 2008, 07:59 AM

Shirley,

I don't understand your attitude. You have been very helpful here and your opinion is greatly respected. But different situations garner different responses. In this instance we disagree, that doesn't mean your opinion isn't respected.

I still have to point out that an employer is allowed to pay his employees anything they want. A small company may not have to comply with certain regulations. There is often a threshold of size to be required to comply.

This is not a situation where anyone has been cheated. That's the crux of the matter. The only one who might have been cheated is the mgmt who are paying out more than they have to. But if they are willing to do so, no harm, no foul. I think that's the point you are missing.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 11, 2010, 11:25 AM

Closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Who can advise me about my actions? [ 3 Answers ]

Who can advise me about my actions. Talking to a girl from Philippines on dating site who was really nice.But only day later asked for money for fathers funeral.The alarm bells rang.I e-mailed back telling her no.Was I right? I know of many scams out there.

Can't get over her and keep guessing about her actions? Why? [ 2 Answers ]

Well My ex and I have been having really weird times. First off She called me about a month ago asking that I don't go to a show because she was going to be there. I ended up going, she was the one that found me in the crowd I might add. After the show she found me and we had a cigerette and a...

Do I believe his words or his actions? [ 4 Answers ]

I met my person online. We started as friends, but then feelings for each other developed. We had been talking about a month and a half when I went on vacation, and we saw each other during that time. Pre-vacation, we got close and deep and shared a lot with each other. We'd talk every single...

Why are his actions so different from his words? [ 17 Answers ]

I have been living with my boyfriend for about a year... I will start with the positives, he is a hard-working decent and honest man with values that mirror mine... he is caring and kind and never raises his voice. Now the bad... He almost never touches me for the sake of being affectionate......

View more questions Search