Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    julie65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2006, 10:17 AM
    Hair disaster!
    Hi all I'm new and this is my first post and it's a desperate one!
    I've been having my hair highlighted blonde (using bleach) now for appreox 2 plus years, as my hair is getting lighter and too boring I decided I would like to have my own chestnut brown colour back to look more natural.
    My hairdresser asked me what id like and I explained the colour and even showed her a picture of me with that colour, she added the red, then the brown and I came out jet black!!
    I look absolutley awful, like something from halloween in fact and I'm so depressed, does anyone know how I can get rid of it or what happened for the hairdresser to give me this vile block black colour, I darent go out!
    Julie x
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

May 31, 2006, 12:05 AM
    You should speak to the hairstylist about fixing your hair. If your not satisfied with the color of your hair, you shouldn't be ashamed to go back to the salon. Just tell the hairstylist that you are not happy with the highlights and he/she will correct the problem. The black highlights will need to be stripped using bleach or a hair color remover, then a new color is applied. Whenever you get highlights, always stay one or two shades lighter than your natural color.
    elle2003 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 10:57 AM
    You paid them to do your hair you need to go back and have them fix it for free! You didn't pay them to mess it up. That's why we call them professionals
    Amanda58 Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Oct 25, 2011, 08:52 AM
    You can lift out some of the color by adding some lemon juice and vinegar to an ounce of Dawn dishwashing detergent. Put it on your hair for 30 minutes (wrap it in a plastic cap.) This will remove some of the color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair disaster [ 4 Answers ]

HI, My girlfriend recently got her hair Stripped and streaked by a student and now her scalp is burnt and her hair is yellow. I need to try to help her repair it and I know she needs a toner, I'm just reluctant to do anything before her scalp heals. Will a toner burn it more.. and how long...

Hair coloring at home disaster! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I need advice. I have dark brown hair and recently decided I wanted highlights in my hair. Well my neighbor, who is a cosmetologist, suggested we use a home kit because money was a factor. Well we did the highlights and they were to light were talking banana yellow. It was awful. So...

Hair Disaster! [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dying my hair for atleats 2 years now. I was told by my hair dresser that I needed to "strip my hair" so that I could get some of my black hair lightin so I could dye my hair a lighter color. So I did what she said and I added my new color and it turned or REALLY BAD!! :eek: it only...

Hair disaster [ 1 Answers ]

I put some highlights in my hair wuth a pre lightener its worked OK on the ends but is lighter on the top,I like the colour but it looks uneven, the colour is a light copper,should I get a light brown dye and make it all even, I am trying to get my hair to be a light brown anyway please help

Hair Disaster--HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

I formally had my hair semi-permantly died red. On my last visit I told my hair stylist to go blonde, so we did, she bleached it and put toner in it twice, but on some parts it looks the colour of hay, very yellow. I was thinking of just using at home dye kits to dye it either dark or lighter, but...

View more questions Search