Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charmed7596 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2006, 09:15 AM
    Help my german sheppard won't eat
    My dog is about 6 mons old, and a few weeks ago he stopped eating. He won't eat any of the food that we give to him. He started about a month ago getting into the garbage and tearing it all over the house. Now we keep the garbage up and he just won't eat his food. We have caught him on our counters getting the food off the plates and I was just wondering how we are going to get him to eat his food. Also he is now limping around. But when he goes outside to use the bathroom he puts weight down on his leg but when he is in the house he won't use it. Please if anyone can help!!
    aj55 Posts: 68, Reputation: 5

May 23, 2006, 11:00 AM
    Any sudden change in behaviour should be assessed by a vet. Try putting his food out and leave it there for 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes pick it up and do the same thing next time. I would recommend taking him to the vet about his limp.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2006, 06:54 AM
    Hi,
    I do agree with the previous answer. Please take him to a Vet. Limping is a sign of something wrong. Don't know what it would be, but some causes are sprained back muscles, and also weakness, maybe from becoming anemic; low red blood cell count. There are other reasons, which your Vet will be able to find out exactly why.
    If he won't eat, it could be due to body chemistry imbalance issues, or if he just doesn't like the dog food anymore, try switching to a different dry dog food.
    Here is a suggestion:
    I highly recommend a video by Ceaser Millan, a Professional Dog Behaviorist. He rehabilitates dogs, and trains people.

He has his own TV program, the Dog Whisperer, on the NGEO (National Geographic) channel, on Friday nights mainly, but also comes on some other days. This video is available from:
    Cesar Millan Center
    I also ordered his new book, "Ceaser's Way", from Walmart online, around $15 US, and it's very good!

There are other good videos available on the web, but this one is really worth your attention.

Your dog's training might not be the problem in this particular case, but the TV program is awesome! There is also another on TV, on the Animal Planet channel, called "Good Dog U", which gives some good training techniques.
    I do wish you the best, and please see a Vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

German [ 5 Answers ]

How Do I Say : Hi, How Are You? In German

German Passport [ 1 Answers ]

I Am A Born In Germany On A Us Army Base . My Father Is American And My Mother Is German . Can I Get A German Passport With A State Department Birth Certificate?

German Shepherd [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I've got a 12 month GSD with quite a few problems. He is very dominant. I can't go near his food bowl when he's eating, when I take him for a walk I have to keep him on a lead otherwise he runs off, if any other dog comes near he tries to attack it. I don't work during the day and I got...

German passport [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, my name is {name removed}, I am an american citizen living in Australia. I am enquiring on obtaining a German Passport. My mother is a German and my entire family on my mother side live in Germany. I was born in the usa. When I was born my mother was a German citizen she was born in Germany....

Sick sheppard [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 month old german sheppard she was very playful and full of energy I wormed her because she was looking as if she was losing weight now she won't eat, play and is lossing a lot of weight she had the parvo shot already I don't no what to do I feel as if my dog is dying right before my...

View more questions Search