Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    I am not a Patsy Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Sep 29, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Which path do I follow? I need brutally honest advise.
    Two summers ago, I had met one of my best guy friends Jack. We have had tremendous chemistry since day one. We’ve always been able to talk and laugh about anything regardless of how simple or how complex. The first night we met, we were already talking about God, life, friends and things like that. He became one of my best friends and a year later had expressed to me that he had feelings towards as more than a friend. I never really responded to him telling me that. Months and months had gone by, and we were still as close as ever, laughing, talking and making really good memories. He never made me feel uncomfortable. I has always been so understanding and patient with me and the way I never returned what he had always told me. In May of this year this guy John asked me out. He was incredibly handsome and was really nice to me, so I said yes. We’ve been dating for four months now. John is a good person with good intensions, but we cannot talk about what we both want to talk about and actually relate to it. Sometimes we can hardly laugh. He wants a different life than me. He thinks on the different track than me. After really getting to know John, Jack is entering my mind much more often. It was a few weeks ago that I realized I’m falling in love with Jack. The timing is completely off. I’ll be on the phone with John talking about some sports play that I really don’t care about and get on the phone with Jack and feel perfectly content.
    I feel somewhat bad but at the same time I think my heart(or mind) is trying to tell me something. I’m with this amazing guy right now , but my heart is beginning to go out to the one that’s loved me all along.
    My question is, do I change something now? Or do I wait to see what is meant to happen?

Please give me your full input.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2008, 06:03 PM

What does your gut tell you?

Looks or Rapport?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2008, 06:03 PM

Break up with John.

Tell Jack how you feel and see what he says. Jack sounds like someone who you could sit next to when you are both in your 90s and enjoy his company.

Looks mean very little. Can you picture talking about some sports play in 70-80 years and going through the motions of being interested?

Sep 29, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ylaira View Post
    What does your gut tell you?

Looks or Rapport?
    I'm afriad Jack and I could end in disaster.
    That would be the biggest loss.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2008, 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by I am not a Patsy View Post
    I'm afriad Jack and I could end in disaster.
    That would be the biggest loss.

Where is that from?

Sep 29, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ylaira View Post
    Where is that from?
    Well, if I chose to be with Jack, I'd be risking one of the greatest friendships I've ever had. But if I stay with John I won't be happy. I probably should've added something like that to the question.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2008, 06:58 PM

Even if Jack wasn't in the equation why would you want to stay with someone you aren't happy with??
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2008, 07:16 PM

Yes you should have. But didn't you say that he already express his interest MORE THAN A FRIEND? Is he taken now?

I must agree that you don't need to stay when you are not happy and in love with someone else.

Don't make this complicated. This is no brainer problem. Break up with John, and open up "HIS FEELINGS" topic again. Risk is is everywhere. No guts, no glory!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 08:19 AM

Don't have regrets, give Jack a chance. Your already friends and communicate well, that's a great foundation to build on.

At least stop wasting Johns time. Thats not right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend is brutally honest and it hurts. [ 15 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for over 4 years now. When we met I was 10 pounds lighter. I'm 5'5 and weigh 120 I used to weigh 110. No matter how much I diet it just won't come off. I work at a children's gym and am constantly burning calories. My boyfriend has issues with affection. He...

How do I get her to be honest? [ 16 Answers ]

So I have this friend who I've known for six years and we've always been there for each other. But in the last couple of years I keep catching her lying to me and my three other best friends. The thing is that they aren't little white lies, they're big things that could get people into trouble. The...

Seeking advise on giving advise [ 1 Answers ]

If you are sharing in a living situation with someone who you've found to be kind of a slob, i.e. not doing any cleaning nor taking care of personal hygiene, and it poses a health risk to both of you, how would you go about telling that person to cleanup? How can you tell another person that they...

To be honest is to. What? [ 14 Answers ]

This is bound to spark an interesting discussion( Or, at least, get people talking.) Honesty is the best policy.

Should I be honest or keep being unhappy. [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 3 years.But I have never been completely happy or satisfied. He loves me more then I love him for sure. I've broken up w/ him at least 5 times. But we keep getting back together because he is so persistent, I start feeling lonely, and I just feel so...

View more questions Search