Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ianfeldberg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2008, 01:47 PM
    do I need riser clamps?
    I am going to be cutting into a 4" stack pipe to add a 2" T that feeds a new shower/sink. About a foot above where that T will go is where the toilet line meets the stack. Do I need to support the vertical stack with a riser clamp or can I just support the horizontal line from the toilet with a long 2x4?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 29, 2008, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ianfeldberg View Post
    I am going to be cutting into a 4" stack pipe to add a 2" T that feeds a new shower/sink. About a foot above where that T will go is where the toilet line meets the stack. Do I need to support the vertical stack with a riser clamp or can I just support the horizontal line from the toilet with a long 2x4?
    This would be putting weight on the branch of the fitting causing undue strain on the joint. Better be safe then have the cast iron come crashing down. Use a raiser clamp on trhe vertical section of the stack. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen Legend Riser [ 37 Answers ]

I have a powder room corner vanity with a Moen Riser single Handle faucet. The lever is not attached to the faucet - rather it is offset to the right. The faucet is on 4" centers and can be raised up approx 6". It also has the ability to be extended and the spout can be rotated. I cannot find...

Suction riser [ 6 Answers ]

What are suction risers. What are their use for

Early Riser [ 1 Answers ]

My 7 mo old puppy wakes up at 5:30 AM to go potty every morning, I let him out of his crate to go but the problem is he is now ready to play. I want to go back to sleep and so does the rest of the family. He starts winning and barking until someone gets up and stays with him. What do I do to...

Riser clamp [ 2 Answers ]

After reading a bunch of questions and answers on this forum, I think that I need to use a riser clamp. My problem is that I have been unable to find a riser clamp at the local home improvement stores. Do "riser clamps" have a different name? Or are they relatively uncommon (i.e. not stocked...

Chilled water riser support. [ 1 Answers ]

I am working on a 52 stoey building.. I want to know what is the static load of chilled water working pipe in riser if building height is 200 mtr. pipe size is 200mm and riser is going across the building..

View more questions Search