Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2008, 09:23 AM
    Student Visa - Full Time Employment
    Does anyone know the law regarding hiring an immigrant in the US who has a Student Visa to work as a full-time employee for a business? On a student visa is work limited to part-time or work through the university? Does the individual have to obtain an H1-B Visa to work for an organization?

Any help is appreciated!

Check out some similar questions!

Student dependent visa UK, Full time or Part time work? [ 26 Answers ]

I have student visa of UK and I study in university. My wife recently came in London. She has student dependent visa. She doesn't study. Can she work full time? How many hours she can work? Thank you

Full time student and working [ 5 Answers ]

I'll be starting my freshman year at san diego state this September. I'll be an out of state student, with like no family there. I plan on working and being a full time student. Do any of you find this extremely hard and how do you deal with it?

Live in MA, Student in NY: Full-Time/Part-time/Non-Resident? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I am a 21 year old student attending a college in New York. Last summer (2007) I stayed on campus - as opposed to coming home and living with my parents in Massachusetts - and worked/earned an income through the school. However, the previous winter break, which ended in middle-January 2007, I...

F1 visa student - self employment- 1099 tax form [ 13 Answers ]

I am a phd international student in Houston Texas. I am a citizen of Tunisia. I joined the program in fall 2005 and I am on campus employee. I am starting my second year now. I am filling W2 form for tax. I have an opportunity to gain extra income as self employed or independent contractor from...

Full time student with Full time housewife [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Hope someone can help. I am going to professional school. My wife and I have three children and are living completely off student loans. We had no income in 2006 that had a W2 attached to it. That is, the only income we made was off eBay and odd end jobs throughout the year. Do I need...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.