Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noele3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2006, 06:58 PM
    Aircondition Unit Dripping Water
    The pipe that runs from my air condition unit to the outside of the house is dripping water. I went into the attic and the unit is dripping water from the corners at the bottom. What could be the problem and how to fix it?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2006, 07:10 PM
    Is it the pipe that is dripping or the air conditioner case itself. If water is forming on the 3/4 inch copper pipe that is a condensation and the pipe needs to be covered with a vapor barrier insulation. If it is the corner of the coil case that is a almost sure that your drain line is stopped up. To unstop the drain you have to gain access to the drain line to either run a small snake through it or if possible use compressed air to blow it out. If the drain line is a PVC pipe you could cut the pie somewhere outside that coil box and that would tell you what is stopped up, either the coil pan or the drain pipe. Before you cut the pipe you need a container to catch the water that might come out as you cut the line. If water comes out of the coil then run a small snake through the PVC toward the coil. If water runs out of the drain pipe then run the snake through the drain pipe or use the pressure on it. If you get it unstopped then just rejoin the two pipes with a PVC coupling.
    noele3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2006, 07:14 PM
    The case itself is dripping
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2006, 08:45 PM
    Now you need to cut the drain line to see where the drain is stopped up. Let me know what you find. And give just a little more information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmoore fridge dripping water inside [ 6 Answers ]

I have a kenmoore fridge that is dripping water from the top side of the fridge compartment (traditional freezer on top style). It appears to be coming from an assembly containing a plastic (condensate?) hose that runs down the middle of the "ceiling" of the fridge compartment and drips near the...

Water Dripping from Air Handler [ 8 Answers ]

I have a newly installed, (maybe four months ago), central AC unit. It is a split system, 3.5 tons, Rheem 13 SEER. Both the compressor and the air handler were replaced. All was working fine until yesterday, when I began hearing a dripping sound coming from beneath the air handler. A quick look...

Water dripping onto furnace filter [ 4 Answers ]

This will probably be hard to diagnose without seeing the problem but I though I would run it by you guys since the HVAC tech wasn't sure what to do. I have a lennox heat pump with the furnace in our garage. It is an upflow unit so the filter is at the bottom of the unit with the coils and drip pan...

New water heater dripping? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I installed a new water heater 3yrs ago,replaced upper element 1yr ago. Had 6 months problem free after installing element. One day water started slow dripping from the relief valve on the side. Thinking the valve might be at fault I replaced it with a new one- same problem still exists. ...

Cold water is just dripping... why? [ 1 Answers ]

We've lived in our slab ranch for 15 years. Over the past 7 or so years, we've noticed a slow in cold water pressure, to the point that right now it's just dripping out of the washer (it takes me 1:15 to wash one load in cold) and we're almost being scalded when we shower. Any ideas?

View more questions Search