Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laxgoalie77 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2008, 04:49 PM
    Do I need copyrights to make a holiday music cd?
    I was thinking about making a holiday album and I want to know if I need copyrights
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 28, 2008, 06:38 PM

Are you using your own songs, that you wrote and sung by yourself? If so you don't have to copyright it but if you do't, others can use it without your permission.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2008, 08:29 PM

Hi, laxgoalie77!

It would be helpful to have more information from you as to what you are wanting to do.

As mentioned above, are these going to be songs that you wrote, or are you simply wanting to compile Christmas songs on a single CD to play for some event and not make multiple copies of the CD for others to buy?

Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 29, 2008, 06:20 AM

If you want to make a mix CD of holiday songs for you own use, that's fine. But if you are going to distribute or use the CD commercially, you need to get permission, except for public domain material. Some Xmas carols are public domain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got holiday tickets not paid for holiday [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I really hope someone can help me. I booked a holiday in Feb and only paid low deposit. Then due to finaces I did not pay anymore so could not go. This morning the holiday tickets (flight and accommodation ) arrived. I went on the website to try and pre-book the flight seats and it let...

Song copyrights [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but how does one obtain a copyright for a song? My girlfriend is a really great singer/songwriter whom is a little cautious about posting her material online for fears that someone will snatch her hard work and claim it for their own. ...

Lipstick make & color on a music video [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about finding out the make and color of a lipstick worn by an artist (Nelly Furtado) on a music video ("On the Radio")?

View more questions Search