Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goatman54 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Kicking brother out. Do I need an eviction notice?
    My mom recently went into Hospice. I am her Power of Attorney. My brother is 20 yo and has broken and trashed the house. He had been in jail for ~30 days (breaking entering into another house, drinking as a minor and driving, violation probation,etc). I changed the locks while he was in jail (both my mom and I agreed to this). He never paid rent, there were no contracts etc. It is the same house we grew up in... after he graduated HS, he just never left.

We live in Michigan.

Do I still need to give him an eviction notice?
    goatman54 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2008, 02:43 PM

Also, before he went to jail he supposedly moved out to live with his dad (but I believe his drivers license still has our mom's address on it). His dad and my mom our divorced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

VA eviction notice.can we pay and stop the eviction [ 3 Answers ]

My son and his wife are living in VA in a rental house. Rent is due the 1st with a 5 day grace period. When they realized they weren't going to be have money for rent until the 18th (wife is a teacher and that is her monthly payday) she called the rental agent and explained. She was told that as...

Eviction notice [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Florida and my landlord gave me a three day notice how long will it take for us to have to leave the premises is it at least 5 days

Eviction 3 day notice [ 13 Answers ]

My landlord had a 3 day failure to pay rent notice served by a friend. They added a late fee to the rent on the notice, had th friend deliver it at 9:30 at night. The landlords name was forged on the notice. They also mailed the same notice after it was hand delivered. I have gotten phone calls...

Eviction notice or quit notice [ 1 Answers ]

I've been living in this house for 46 years with my mother, sister and brother. My beloved uncle decided to take over the house because the house needed repairs. He was approved for a second mortgage. Unforunatelly he passed away. My aunt became exceutive of his estate or so she claimed, Any...

Eviction notice [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm from Virginia... I have a house a just rented out for the first time... as the tenant are nice they have broke the lease agreement and subdivision laws... I have giving them several warnings in person and then sent them a written notice... im not sure if I did the written notice by law and...

View more questions Search