Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daniellelynn Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Itching driving me crazy!
    For about a year now I have had this a really bad itch in my pubic area.. it feels like there are bugs crawling on me and biting me.. yet there is nothing that I can see. Sometimes I do shave down there.. and even when I did that it still felt the same thing. I clean myself many times a day and scrub really good but nothing seems to help. I also have been getting these really weird red bumps on my inner thigh area. Like I said I can't see any bug or any little specs of anything down there. I have tried looking it up but I can't find anything that helps. I am going to the doctor as soon as my insurance kicks in but that's another few months.. just wondering if anyone can help me until then!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 28, 2008, 12:47 PM
    You have described an infestation of 'crabs' perfectly. You can hardly see them, as clean as you can be with scrubbing and shaving your pubic area, you can't rid yourself of them, but an ointment called 'blue ointment' is good to kill them. By the way, you can contract these little critters from toilet seats as well as from someone who already has them via sexual contact.

Sep 28, 2008, 12:55 PM

Where can I get the blue ointment at?

Sep 28, 2008, 12:59 PM
    You said you can hardly see them.. but I don't not see anything at all.. nothing.. the little info that I have found about my symptoms says it has been misdiagnosed as crabs.. also I forgot to mention that I don't feel this everyday.. only a few times a week.
    Expert

Sep 28, 2008, 01:21 PM
    It certainly sounds like an infestation. And, no you can't see them unless you use a magnifying glass and they are called crabs because they look like a land crab and are red because normally and quite engorged with blood.

Blue ointment can be bought at a drug store. Google it to see what it is all about.
    Expert

Sep 28, 2008, 01:22 PM
    It certainly sounds like an infestation. And, no you can't see them unless you use a magnifying glass and they are called crabs because they look like a land crab and are red because normally and quite engorged with blood.

Blue ointment can be bought at a drug store. Google it to see what it is all about.

Sep 28, 2008, 01:28 PM

Thanks so much for your help! I will def. Google it and go get some.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by daniellelynn View Post
    for about a year now i have had this a really bad itch in my pubic area..it feels like there are bugs crawling on me and biting me..yet there is nothing that i can see. sometimes i do shave down there..and even when i did that it still felt the same thing. i clean myself many times a day and scrub really good but nothing seems to help. i also have been getting these really weird red bumps on my inner thigh area. like i said i can't see any bug or any little specs of anything down there. i have tried looking it up but i can't find anything that helps. i am going to the doctor as soon as my insurance kicks in but thats another few months..just wondering if anyone can help me until then!!

They are pubic lice - a 1% permethrin shampoo (pediculicide) is available over the counter. Your Pharmacist should have it in stock. You can get them in health clubs, from sexual contact, from towels, from hotel sheets - you never know.

It is also important to wash clothing and underwear, bedding, towels, in very hot water to avoid reinfection.

Sep 28, 2008, 01:41 PM

Oh my gosh thanks so much you! I'm going to get this stuff a.s.a.p.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2008, 02:21 PM

Crabs is pubic lice
    Expert

Sep 28, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Crabs are related to head and body lice, but are found mostly in the pubic hair. Crabs live by feeding on human blood. They look like tiny crabs, one-two mm in diameter, grey in colour, and become brownish red when filled with blood. Crabs live for about 30 days and lay their eggs (“nits”) at the base of the hair. The average time it takes for the egg to hatch is eight-nine days, but they may lie dormant for 17 days. These eggs are very tiny but can be seen as whitish dots near the bases of the hairs. Crabs live for about 30 days and can survive 24–48 hours away from the human body.
    Expert

Sep 28, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Crabs are related to head and body lice, but are found mostly in the pubic hair. Crabs live by feeding on human blood. They look like tiny crabs, one-two mm in diameter, grey in colour, and become brownish red when filled with blood. Crabs live for about 30 days and lay their eggs (“nits”) at the base of the hair. The average time it takes for the egg to hatch is eight-nine days, but they may lie dormant for 17 days. These eggs are very tiny but can be seen as whitish dots near the bases of the hairs. Crabs live for about 30 days and can survive 24–48 hours away from the human body.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EX Driving me crazy [ 12 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I don't know the purpose of this post- perhaps it's just to vent or look for support. I made a few posts about a month ago about the demise of my relationship. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/girlfriend-wants-space-244626-8.html#post1196716...

This is driving me crazy [ 2 Answers ]

OK there's a rap song with the young and restless beat... does anyone know what it is its not the MARY J OR THE KARIZIE BONE one any other suggestions on it its driving me crazy thanks

My 17 yr old is driving us crazy! [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 17 yr old daughter that is giving the entire family hell. Since about a month prior to her 16th birthday she claims she is treated like a child and she is going to be 16. She makes poor choices in boyfriends as well as cheat, lie, be defiant with parents and has been arrested for stealing...

Driving Me Crazy [ 1 Answers ]

This is a late 80's or early 90's movie about three or four kids who take oof on there bikes to go camping in the woods by the lake. There is a scene in which a heavy set boy has just gotten out of the shower and is eating a candy bay and driving a remote control car while singing "THE WANDERER!' ...

View more questions Search