Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2006, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    I agree that he has allowed this condition to happen for a reason.
    Where we differ is that you seem to be saying it's a permanent part of God's plan when the Bible tells us it isn't.

Isaiah 65:17
    [ The Glorious New Creation ] “ For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.

Acts 3:21
    whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.
    Permanent as in an eternal or everlasting part of His plan? No, I wouldn't say that. I know that the Bible tells us that He will create a new, perfect Earth for us.

Imagine if we had the ability to create worlds, as well. Imagine that we were to create a world strictly for artificially intelligent beings, created in our image. We would also give them the ability to pro-create artificial life. This world would sort of be our first test for them. We would give them free will and the rights to do as they please. However, with the first of the creations, we would lay out the moral guidelines. Given their free will, we must assume that there is the strong likelihood that they will do as we did. However again, we also leave them with the promise that if they walk the righteous path, we will guarantee them a place in a better world.

They are all hard wired to our mainframe where we would log their actions, feelings, true intentions, etc. At the time of their "death," we would judge them.

This whole time, we know how this will inevitably end.

Im not saying that God is just like us and that He, too, once lived on an Earth. But, in His all-knowing, He knows how this, too, will inevitably end.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 11, 2006, 03:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    Imagine if we had the ability to create worlds, as well. Imagine that we were to create a world strictly for artificially intelligent beings, created in our image. We would also give them the ability to pro-create artifical life. This world would sort of be our first test for them. We would give them free will and the rights to do as they please. However, with the first of the creations, we would lay out the moral guidelines. Given their free will, we must assume that there is the strong likelyhood that they will do as we did. However again, we also leave them with the promise that if they walk the righteous path, we will guarantee them a place in a better world. They are all hard wired to our mainframe where we would log their actions, feelings, true intentions, etc. At the time of their "death," we would judge them.
    Are you sure Doc, that you aren't an escaped writer from the original Twilight Zone show?? LOL :D
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2006, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by valinors_sorrow
    Are you sure Doc, that you aren't an escaped writer from the original Twilight Zone show??? LOL :D
    Lol no, I just escaped FROM the Twilight Zone ;)
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jun 16, 2006, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by samir_raut88
    hmmm..interesting conversation.

self aware AI machine!.. ?

Persoal opinion: I challenge Science to produce a robot more intelligent than a man. It just seems logically impossible. Why do we have control over all the computers we(i mean they) make? Because, we make it! That's just how i see it. simple enough. Btw, make sure you do have a delete/backspace/undo button, though..just in case..
    But the hypothetical doesn't require the AI to as intelligent as we are. Only that it be self-aware and able to suffer at least psychologically. Let's say it has what humans say is an avwerage IQ and it is the result of an experiment why succeeded in making an AI self aware.

Imagine if we had the ability to create worlds, as well. Imagine that we were to create a world strictly for artificially intelligent beings, created in our image. We would also give them the ability to pro-create artifical life. This world would sort of be our first test for them. We would give them free will and the rights to do as they please. However, with the first of the creations, we would lay out the moral guidelines. Given their free will, we must assume that there is the strong likelyhood that they will do as we did. However again, we also leave them with the promise that if they walk the righteous path, we will guarantee them a place in a better world.

They are all hard wired to our mainframe where we would log their actions, feelings, true intentions, etc. At the time of their "death," we would judge them.

This whole time, we know how this will inevitably end.

Im not saying that God is just like us and that He, too, once lived on an Earth. But, in His all-knowing, He knows how this, too, will inevitably end.
    So essentially what you are saying is that these AI creatures deserve approximately the same rights we have with the same restriction of cause and effect due to obedience or disobediennce to their creator. You also seem to be saying that we as their creator deserve their obedience based on being its creator alone.

SO if these AI's would demand to be their own guides as to rules among themselves trhen we would be justified in pressing the erase button?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 16, 2006, 07:33 PM
    Starman-
    SO if these AI's would demand to be their own guides as to rules among themselves trhen we would be justified in pressing the erase button?
    Brings to mind the reason for the great flood.
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2006, 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    Isn't God justified in the same way?
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jun 25, 2006, 12:03 PM
    Isnt God justified in the same way?

True, and the reason is that there can't be peace on earth unless his intelligent creation do things within the parameters of his instructions.

Taliman:

The AI erasure and Noachian Flood comparison fits better if only those AI's unwilling to follow the recommended program which keeps the system working properly are erased. Remember Noah and his family survived.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

As an aunt do I rights to sue DCFS for vistation rights to see my niece? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi My name is Rosalyn. I have a 12 year old niece that I just adore. Unfortunately she is in foster care with Illinois's DCFS going on 6 years. My sister, my nieces mom is mentally Ill. Her father was in jail for 10 years (my niece was 2 when he was sentence). Now that he is out jail and a witness...

Ad-aware Se [ 4 Answers ]

Ok here I dl'd this program and it says I have 185 errors/spyware on my computer (obvious reason why computer crashed I think) beats me how they just appear like that... but anyway after I ran Ad-Aware and got to the point of selecting all and deleting the problems, ad-aware just seem to hang there...

Hkey found through ad-aware se [ 3 Answers ]

Every time I scan I com with ad-aware, the result contains many hkey related tracker. How can I remove them cmpletely? I've follow some advice posted about the dso exploit when scanning with spybot. The method is deleting the 1004 file and create a new dzword 1004 and reseting the hex value to...

Ad-aware [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All. Today I reverted my system back to the stahe it was at when purchased due to some problems I'd been having. The first thing I did was check that my webmail was working then I downloaded Ad-aware and scanned my PC. To my dismay, considering the PC was back to being 'new out of the box',...

Spyware and ad-aware [ 6 Answers ]

I've been attacking my computer with Ad-Aware and going places I didn't know existed trying to get rid of the last few thorns in my side: Adserv and something called nitrous something, can't see it as it disappears before I can get all the info. I am also being bugged by Shopnav, the alternative...

View more questions Search