Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    george86od Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2008, 10:19 AM
    Connecting digital cable box to vcr/dvd player
    I just upgraded to a digital cable box and now I can't record with my vcr. I have a vcr/dvd player combo. The cable company tells me that I can only record the station that I'm watching. Obviously, that defeats the purpose. So how do I connect these things so that I can be watching one station, while simultaneously recording another?
    Thank you,
    George
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2008, 10:41 AM

You will need 2 boxes, or put VCR in a Less used room that has a box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Digital Cable Modulation [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone... it's been a while... I need to know if anyone knows the answer to this before I spend the money on it... I would like to eliminate channel 11 from my cable system in my house and replace it with a signal from another source. (That's no problem, I know how to do that.) We...

Connecting PS2 to Bush Digital TV [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I have just bought a new TV, it has built in freeview and dvd player (IDVD146TV model.) It's a great TV except I can't get my playstation 2 to work on it. It has a scart at the back and also a front av for audio and video input cables. I've tried both and tuned in the TV but I can't get a...

Connecting dvd recorder to digital TV box [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to use my dvd reccorder with my digital TV box. It seems that I cannot record another channel while watching one because the digital box is set to channel 3 and therefore, I cannot change the channel on the dvd recorder to record another channel. Any way to hook this up and use the TV...

Digital Cable/ DVD/VCR/ TV Hook up [ 4 Answers ]

I am having trouble view my dvd/vcr. I think I have it hooked up correctly but can't see any picture at all. I have a Toshiba SD-V291 for the dvd/vcr and the TV is a Samsung TXJ2066. And the Digital Cable Box is an Explorer 2200. I don't even know what channel the digital cable should be on....

FCC, cable industry spar over digital TV [ 22 Answers ]

FCC, cable industry spar over digital TV In 2009, television broadcasts will go all-digital. Cable TV companies say their subscribers will still be able to watch television. But the FCC wants to require that the companies handle the change. It wants to know how the industry will manage it. PS ...

View more questions Search