Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dip Diddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2008, 09:59 AM
    Mites that bite
    I have something biting me that can't be seen under nomal circumstances. I have read a similar posting on this forum and would like tgo know if anyone has found a lasting remedy... not one that they have recently tried and it seems to work. Let me explain. I have found these mites are teriribly adaptive. Eveything I have tried they seem the stop for a while then return with a vengeance. They adapt to everything! I have left one city and went to annother and they have followed me. It took them a while to repopulate but once they did they attacked with the same verocity as before. Has anyone noticed that they tend to have some form of intelligence. I play my guitar often, which I ad don so without a problem. I began to notice whenever I picked up my guitar I started getting bite verotiously. I reach for the toothpaste every morning, the same thing... bites.
    The light swithches, the rifridgerator hadle. This has been going on for a year. I have not been able to get free of these thing. They have the ability to reason, I was beginning to think they were demonic. I move to anther room, about two days of peace then the room is infested.

Why don't they bite everyone, just some. I thought it was in my mind because I was the only one getting bite, but several things worked against this. If I move to a new room it toook several days before I got bite. At work I didn't get bite. I found out they don't like hot peppers in your blood, if I eat them I don't get bite. Unfortunately the pepper dissapates out of your blood in a few hours.

Then finally I saw them. I was soaking the floor with some insecticide that I had purchased for an exterminator facility that was supposed to kill mites I said soaked, yes I had gotten that desperate. Then I noticed as the ceiling light reflected off the liquid pesticide it was a shimmering in the pesticide. These little creatures were swimming in the insecticide headed towards my direction. I did a test. I moved to the other side... they turned again towards my direction. I moved again... they turned again. Understand they are swimming in insecticide whicn is have absolutely no effect. That's when I moved... they followed me.

So my question is... Has anyone gotten rid of them for over a month?

Thank you
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Sep 28, 2008, 12:31 PM

Mites as well as spiders aren't affected by normal insecticides, you need something called a miticide which is pretty toxic stuff. It's supposed to be a type of allergic reaction to the creature's saliva, some people they bother and others they don't, just like some people will react to poison ivy and others won't. Have heard that eating pistachio nuts or supplements or food items with zinc or nicotine, that is rubbing tobacco dust on yourself, NOT smoking it, can also help
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 1, 2008, 09:33 AM

If you live in a single family dewelling you could give the home an ozone shock treatment using a rented or purchased ozone generator. The ozone will kill everything inlcidng spders and mite but not your plants. Within minutes of the treated end the ozone reverts back to oxygen. You abd tyou pets would need to stay out of the home for several hours. If you want to look into this topic further try contacting ALBINFLA via the members list or at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/members/albinfla.html He is an expert in this topic.
    simple68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 04:19 AM

I am suffering from these mites for more than a year or so. I live in UAE in a clean environment (not so clean like hospitals) we clean house everyday. Even then the mites attack within minutes of cleaning. They used to attack all house members for 2-3 months of their entry into our house but from the last 10 months they are only bitimg me. I have changed the house but it did not help. I got rid of some of the furnitures but still the effect did not reduced a bit. I tried pest control for 3 times, it did not help a bit but instead the biting became more aggressive. I am really tired of this. Hope someone will help me soon with their magic pest treatment methods.
    rstmetal Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dip Diddy View Post
    I have somthing biting me that can't be seen under nomal circumstances. I have read a similar posting on this forum and would like tgo know if anyone has found a lasting remedy... not one that they have recently tried and it seems to work. Let me explain. I have found these mites are teriribly adaptive. Eveything I have tried they seem the stop for a while then return with a vengence. They adapt to everything!! I have left one city and went to annother and they have followed me. It took them a while to repopulate but once they did they attacked with the same verocity as before. Has anyone noticed that they tend to have some form of intelligence. I play my guitar often, which I ad don so without a problem. I began to notice whenever I picked up my guitar I started getting bite verotiously. I reach for the toothpaste every morning, the same thing... bites.
    The light swithches, the rifridgerator hadle. This has been going on for a year. I have not been able to get free of these thing. They have the ability to reason, I was beginning to think they were demonic. I move to anther room, about two days of peace then the room is infested.

Why don't they bite everyone, just some. I thought it was in my mind because I was the only one getting bite, but several things worked against this. If I move to a new room it toook several days before i got bite. At work I didn't get bite. I found out they don't like hot peppers in your blood, if I eat them I don't get bite. Unfortunately the pepper dissapates out of your blood in a few hours.

Then finally I saw them. I was soaking the floor with some insecticide that I had purchased for an exterminator facility that was supposed to kill mites I said soaked, yes I had gotten that desperate. Then I noticed as the ceiling light reflected off the liquid pesticide it was a shimmering in the pesticide. These little creatures were swimming in the insecticide headed towards my direction. I did a test. I moved to the other side..... they turned again towards my direction. I moved again... they turned again. Understand they are swimming in insecticide whicn is have absolutely no effect. That's when I moved... they followed me.

So my question is.... Has anyone gotten rid of them for over a month?

Thank you
    Have any luck?
    rstmetal Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 12:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dip Diddy View Post
    I have somthing biting me that can't be seen under nomal circumstances. I have read a similar posting on this forum and would like tgo know if anyone has found a lasting remedy... not one that they have recently tried and it seems to work. Let me explain. I have found these mites are teriribly adaptive. Eveything I have tried they seem the stop for a while then return with a vengence. They adapt to everything!! I have left one city and went to annother and they have followed me. It took them a while to repopulate but once they did they attacked with the same verocity as before. Has anyone noticed that they tend to have some form of intelligence. I play my guitar often, which I ad don so without a problem. I began to notice whenever I picked up my guitar I started getting bite verotiously. I reach for the toothpaste every morning, the same thing... bites.

Why don't they bite everyone, just some. I thought it was in my mind because I was the only one getting bite, but several things worked against this. If I move to a new room it toook several days before i got bite. At work I didn't get bite. I found out they don't like hot peppers in your blood, if I eat them I don't get bite. Unfortunately the pepper dissapates out of your blood in a few hours.

Then finally I saw them. I was soaking the floor with some insecticide that I had purchased for an exterminator facility that was supposed to kill mites I said soaked, yes I had gotten that desperate. Then I noticed as the ceiling light reflected off the liquid pesticide it was a shimmering in the pesticide. These little creatures were swimming in the insecticide headed towards my direction. I did a test. I moved to the other side..... they turned again towards my direction. I moved again... they turned again. Understand they are swimming in insecticide whicn is have absolutely no effect. That's when I moved... they followed me.

So my question is.... Has anyone gotten rid of them for over a month?

Thank you
    Check website "birdmites.org"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ear Mites [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is a miniature chihuahua, and I think she could have EAR mITES!! I'm not sure though, but how can I tell if she has them or not? Is it dangerouse for her? The apointment to the vet isn't till Friday, and I'm really worried for her and I want to know if she's going to be okay in the...

Ear mites [ 2 Answers ]

My dog's been having a presistent problem with ear mites. We've taken her to the vet all the time and has been given yeast infection medicine and pesticide, but nothing works. The vets (we've gone to two) don't seem to help. The first one didn't even mention anything about ear mites and the...

Ear Mites [ 4 Answers ]

I guess my cat has had ear mites (a brownish ear build up) for a little bit now and it didnt look too bad but I started giving her drops last week for it and it almost seems grosser. Is that it being all cleared out or should I clean her ears? Does it get worse before getting better?

Ear mites [ 3 Answers ]

Where do ear mites come from

Ear mites [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Our lab is itching his left ear quite a bit and shakes his head. There is a slight odor and there is debris in both ears. I called the vet and she said that it could be ear mites. How can we check for this? Is there anything that we could do for him from home or should we take him to the...

View more questions Search