Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2008, 06:40 AM
    "The most disgusting thing about her
    "...is what she says about us."

Mad Dog Palin | Election 2008 | AlterNet

I remember thinking the same thing about Ronald Reagan.

This screed may be over the top, but the top is turning out to be a lot higher than I ever thought it was, and a lot harder to go over. I guess it's inevitable that in a democracy we get the lowest quality of government that the mass of people is willing to tolerate. Figuring out how to get them to tolerate, and even applaud, progressively worse government seems to be the long-term strategy for "a permanent Republican majority".
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Hello ordinary:

I loved the screed. He's over the top. But, the Republicans went waaay over the top in picking her. It's surreal.

excon
    GothGirl1771 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Sep 28, 2008, 08:33 AM

I think she's OK, I mean, they let Hilary run 4 president.. why not have a female vice president? Beisdes, she seems down to earth an nice... I don't see what the problem is. Ok, maybe that statement was a bit over the top, but whenever a democrat says something bad, republicans never go and say anything...
    GothGirl1771 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Sep 28, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Maybe they do, this whole political mess is syupid... whf...
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Sep 28, 2008, 09:51 AM

OG:

That link was a class act,

Here is a sample

Not only is Sarah Palin a fraud, she's the tawdriest, most half-assed fraud imaginable, 20 floors below the lowest common denominator, a character too dumb even for daytime TV -and this country is going to eat her up, cheering her every step of the way. All because most Americans no longer have the energy to do anything but lie back and allow ourselves to be jacked off by the calculating thieves who run this grasping consumer paradise we call a nation.
    :(

Now that was mild compared to all the expletives at the end. It seems that the expletives and hatred were a substitue for intelligent, reasoned, opinion.

How can anyone read that and be convinced when the writer's style includes expletives and stereotypes of whole sections of American society? :confused:

Is this representative of the liberal / leftist media? :confused:
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Sep 28, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post

Uh... yeah. It pretty much is.

Elliot
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2008, 11:01 AM

First of all, the Republican Party is falling apart. Ths is a result of the disastrous Presidency of Bush who will go down in history as the worst Presidence in the history of the Republic.

Unregulated, free wheeling Capitalism under an unconcerned Bush with its booms and busts has gone BUST and will bring down America unless the government tries to rescue our economy.

Most Americans see this very clearly. :)

Sarah Palin is just a stooge in McQueeg's plans to try to capture the presidency.

She has disgraced herself on television in interviews... showing her lack of knowledge of foreign affairs and domestic affairs.

The only reason McCain isn't down by 15 points is that his opponent is a black man, and racism is alive and well in America.

To answer your question, it is what she says about MCCAIN. He thinks the electorate is stupid, and he is probably correct!
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2008, 11:31 AM
    The guy writes for The Rolling Stone, so the piece might provide some insight into how the mostly young, and generally non-political urban lefties are interpreting this quadrennial orgy of battling TV ads and campaign extravaganzas that passes for national elections in this country.

But my reason for posting it is to call attention to how she's being packaged and positioned and deployed. And what that says about the calculation that the Rovian Republican strategists have made about what flavor of crap we will be willing to swallow this time.

I'm firmly convinced that over the long-haul, democracy is a demand-side-driven enterprise, which means that if too few of us insist on substance, we will get, and deserve, "leaders" who are no more wise, or honest, or careful than we are when we take the bait, in spite of the hook we know (or ought to know) is hidden inside.
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Hello in:

Yes, it is... The truth does hurt, doesn't it?

There's no question about it, she's the single most unqualified candidate EVER to be presented for national office. I didn't mind the expletives, either. That's the way I talk. But, like good righty's, when you don't like the message, you blame the media.

excon

PS> I'll bet you don't like Jon Stewart either. He tells the truth and uses the "f" word, too.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Sep 28, 2008, 12:43 PM

After wading through that heaping pile of steaming bovine excrement, I feel like my boots will never come clean. The only thing missing in this assinine profanity is the sound effect of a jackass braying.
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux View Post
    To answer your question, it is what she says about MCCAIN
    What her choice and use says about McCain is that he long ago sold his Honor-and-Duty-Bound-Maverick-Reformer's soul to the Col. Karl Rove Mercenary Panzer Division of Partisan Campaign Warfare. He will do and say whatever they tell him he must do and say, to win this election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux View Post
    He thinks the electorate is stupid, and he is probably correct!
    Yeah, well, the same basic playbook has worked in three of the last four national elections, so you have to admit these guys have some pretty solid evidence to support their conclusion.

They'll keep running the same scam until it doesn't work anymore. I had dared to hope the 2006 midterms would dissuade them from running it again, but I guess they decided they could tweak it and get one more term out of it. I hope to god they're wrong, but I'm not betting the ranch on it.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2008, 06:48 AM

This screed may be over the top
    Ya think? Clearly, this pathetic individual is in need of therapy.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2008, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Ya think? Clearly, this pathetic individual is in need of therapy.
    The Rolling Stone article is much more tame compared to that article you linked to: Cinnamon needs a little drama-queen mood-leveling medication.
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2008, 07:31 AM
    Hello Steve:

When somebody criticizes your side, they're called haters. But, I don't hate Sara Palin. I'd LOVE for my son to join a cub scout pack with her as the den mother. I think she's a wonderful person... But, I don't hate her. What I do, is LOVE my country.

I love it sooooo much, that I'd NEVER consider putting someone in charge who doesn't know stuff. I just wouldn't. I'm sorry you would. Do you remember the Miss America girl who answered why most people can't find America (or someplace) on a map? I do. Sara Palin sounded like her when she tried to explain WHY living in Alaska gave her foreign policy experience... She absolutely knows NOTHING... That AIN'T GOOD FOR US!!

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2008, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    The Rolling Stone article is much more tame compared to that article you linked to: Cinnamon needs a little drama-queen mood-leveling medication.
    Only in your world is this tamer than pointing out the unhinged nature of the author:

Not only is Sarah Palin a fraud, she's the tawdriest, most half-assed fraud imaginable, 20 floors below the lowest common denominator, a character too dumb even for daytime TV -and this country is going to eat her up, cheering her every step of the way. All because most Americans no longer have the energy to do anything but lie back and allow ourselves to be jacked off by the calculating thieves who run this grasping consumer paradise we call a nation.
    Only in your world is this tamer than pointing out the unhinged nature of the author:

Here's what Sarah Palin represents: being a fat f***ing pig who pins "Country First" buttons on his man titties and chants "U-S-A! U-S-A!" at the top of his lungs while his kids live off credit cards and Saudis buy up all the mortgages in Kansas.
    And yet, you have the nerve to criticize and mock our politics. Right on cue again, NK.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2008, 08:24 AM

Ex, not that I called anyone a hater, but read the two quotes from the article I just posted to NK and tell me these people people aren't worthy of the title.

I can understand your fears, but what I don't understand are these unhinged fears of people that don't know anything about the person they think doesn't know anything.
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2008, 09:00 AM
    I do think it was incorrect to call her a fat pig. She is being paraded as a MILF. I stand corrected.

And I'll comment on anything my heart desires - the interweb is a great series of tubes!
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2008, 09:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Do you remember the Miss America girl who answered why most people can't find America (or someplace) on a map? I do. Sara Palin sounded like her when she tried to explain WHY living in Alaska gave her foreign policy experience.... She absolutely knows NOTHING...... That AIN'T GOOD FOR US!!!
    Or this!

Uber Member

Sep 29, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    She absolutely knows NOTHING...... That AIN'T GOOD FOR US!!!

excon
    Hello Need:

I hadn't seen that part of the interview. Now that I have, I too, stand corrected. She knows even LESS than I said.

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2008, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I do think it was incorrect to call her a fat pig. She is being paraded as a MILF. I stand corrected.
    She isn't being paraded as such, and you're repeating such a disgusting, demeaning insult is pathetic. So go ahead, NK, I encourage you to comment all you want. The real Needkarma is showing more and more...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Life Don't Mean A Thing" Artist & Title? [ 1 Answers ]

Need the artist and song title of this mid-80s song that has a nice, happy reggae-type lilt to which the lyrics go (going by memory now): Without you, you know life don't mean a thing without you, And there'll be no song to sing. I wonder 'round like a lonely soul, Nowhere to go nothing to do....

Do I tell her how I feel? The crazy "exes ex is suicidal" thing is ending. [ 2 Answers ]

So, Some of you may know my story from my previous post here :"My exes ex is suicidal." Here is my last question her: Okay, So my ex girlfriends ex boyfriend is suicidal. We will call the girlfriend 'Mary' and her ex boyfriend 'John,' and myslef 'Joe.' Mary went out with John for 4 months....

My friends did something disgusting to me, now I'm alone [ 5 Answers ]

All time since I was very little I've been hanging out with a group of people, since I live in a small village and they settled down in the same neighborhood. These guys were my friends, we could hang out all day, we trained soccer everyday, and everything was joyful for at least 13 years. Okay,...

What's the "dirtiest" thing you've done out of revenge? [ 8 Answers ]

I bring this up as I'm currently going through a breakup... well, not really. It's been about 2 months now... but still. Last night, one of my ex's friends came onto me and I had the opportunity to go for it... but I just didn't... mainly because I just felt dirty in doing so. SO... what'd...

80's Burger King Commercial "Aint nothing but the Real Thing Baby" [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can find the 80's Burger King commercial that has the slogan "Aint nothing but the real thing baby" It's a commercial for their chicken tenders! It has teenage girls in a phone booth eating them, then a husband with Christmas gifts bringing some home for his family. It...

View more questions Search