Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2008, 09:52 AM
    Thanks mate! :)

toledoblade.com -- Palin's campaign buttons revitalize interest in election
    What American men really want to know is which campaign button the presidential candidates like better, "Sarah-liscious!" or "Sarah Barracuda!" This isn't something from a Saturday Night Live comedy sketch. These were actual buttons sold outside a Grand Rapid, Mich., event attended by Mrs. Palin and Mr. McCain earlier this month. "Sarah-liscious!" is a little more vice presidential, if misspelled. Resting her hand on her chin with a self-assured smile makes her look like she's facing off against Vladimir Putin or Hugo Chavez and is fully in control of the situation. At the same time, she's wearing her hair down, which is hot, demonstrating that she can be competent and sexy at the same time, like the caption suggests: Sarah-(de)liscious! This button is for women, but men could wear it too. I think "Sarah-liscious!" would appeal more to Mr. Obama, although he's probably a tad jealous that he's no longer the prettiest, the youngest, or the least experienced candidate.
    Or...
    Sara Palin hottest VP buttons straight from the RNC
    As sold at the RNC convention:
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Thanks mate! :)
    LOL, once you again you mistake us for idiots. What some unknown vendor (not exactly "straight from the RNC") sold outside a McCain-Palin event is hardly proof she's "being paraded as a MILF" as you so elegantly put it. I think even you're smart enough to realize McCain wouldn't be promoting such juvenile trinkets at a time she needs to be taken seriously.

RNC store

McCain Store
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2008, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    LOL, once you again you mistake us for idiots.
    No, I didn't mistake you for idiots.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2008, 10:39 AM
    Hello again:

As I sit here considering the interview NeedKarma just posted, my mouth just won't close... If this isn't Alice Through The Looking Glass, I don't know what is. Please, tom, Elliot, Speech, one of you who support her. Tell me what she said.

Can you, with a straight face, tell me she's prepared to run THIS COUNTRY?? We're not talking about the PTA here, this is OUR COUNTRY, and YOUR CHILDREN'S COUNTRY. Having her finger on the button is the most frightening thought I've EVER had.

excon

PS> If you're going to give me the standard right wing crap to criticize Obama, I'm not interested.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Sep 29, 2008, 02:32 PM

Of course, Ex. You can criticize our people all you want, but we shouldn't criticize yours.
    What are you smokin'?
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2008, 02:47 PM
    Hello Gal:

It's like I told the Wolverine... Because the Dems nominated somebody inexperienced, the Republicans should too?? Ok, if I jumped off a bridge, you would too?? Please explain it to me.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2008, 03:20 PM

That is very clever but it is not the complete answer ;nor does the clip show the question being asked. They were previously discussing healthcare and the economy, and Couric posed a mixed bailout and healthcare question. Now the question and answer is being portrayed as a bailout only discussion and a Palin screwup.Not only that ;but the section used in the SNL parody clips from the middle of her response and leaves out the beginning and end making it sound worse than it is.

Here is the exact exchange :

COURIC: Why isn't it better, Governor Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families who are struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries? Allow them to spend more, and put more money into the economy, instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?

PALIN: That's why I say I, like every American I'm speaking with, we're ill about this position that we have been put in where it is the taxpayers looking to bail out.

But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health care reform that is needed to help shore up our economy. Um, helping, oh, it's got to be about job creation, too. Shoring up our economy, and putting it back on the right track.

So health care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions, and tax relief for Americans, and trade — we have got to see trade as opportunity, not as, uh, competitive, um, scary thing, but one in five jobs created in the trade sector today.We've got to look at that as more opportunity. All of those things under the umbrella of job creation.

No it was not the best answer she could've given .Clearly she is not as experienced at doing the Ivy League 2 step slide and saying nothing ,as Obama demonstrated in the O'Reiley interview. She appears to be putting a bunch of talking points together that she was coached to say. That is more a McCain campaign error. She should be unleashed to say what she believes .It has harmed her image clearly and if she is not given free reign during the debate she will lose it.

It was Couric who made the ridiculous irrelevant linkage between the bailout and national health care .

She is correct about what the average American thinks of the bailout. It would've passed today if Congress could've gotten the cover of public support.
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2008, 03:34 PM
    Hello again, tom:

I agree. She can't be as dumb as she sounds. Bill Krystol says McCain hired Bush aids to handle Palin. It looks like it. She should either sink or swim on her own.

All of the above reflects badly on McCain. He's making lots of mistakes. The failed bailout he suspended his campaign to fix, ain't fixed. At least Obama didn't say HE fixed it. But, I digress. Suffice to say, McCain is in BIG trouble. All he had to do was stay OUT of trouble and wait for Obama to make a mistake. Well, his impetuousness (maverickness?? ) failed him this time.

excon
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    No it was not the best answer she could've given .Clearly she is not as experienced at doing the Ivy League 2 step slide and saying nothing ,as Obama demonstrated in the O'Reiley interview. She appears to be putting a bunch of talking points together that she was coached to say. That is more a McCain campaign error. She should be unleashed to say what she believes .It has harmed her image clearly and if she is not given free reign during the debate she will lose it.
    What's the saying again? Better off keeping your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than open your mouth and confirm it!

That was one of these moments.

She ain't up to it. Not even close. Surely not even you guys can claim she is.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 02:43 AM

I have seen her stump speeches and tapes of her Alaska debates. I think she will do fine if ;as Excon correctly points out ;those spin meisters don't load her head with bullet points .

Remember ; her pick as is often the case with a VEEP selection was for political considerations. I spoke in other postings that she is there to secure the base while McCain appeals to the middle. That means that most likely she has a view closer to mine on the bailout plan. In other words ,my guess is she disagrees with McCain's . Instead of glossing that over ,I think it would be better if she showed her differences ;just like she has done when discussing ANWR drilling .
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 05:02 AM
    Remember ; her pick as is often the case with a VEEP selection was for political considerations. I spoke in other postings that she is there to secure the base while McCain appeals to the middle.
    Yes, and that's exactly the point. It has nothing to do with whether she has the ability to lead the nation, which she clearly does not. Yes, she can rally "The Base" (which translates into Arabic as "Al Qaeda"). But if the Great Apathetic Middle ever wakes up to the damage that such simple-minded idealogues can do when in power, the strategy will backfire on the Rovians, big time.

You know, come to think of it, the financial market meltdown just might be the dope slap that it takes to rouse them from their stupor! If so, I say praise the Lord, and pass the recession!!
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 05:22 AM
    Don't be silly . Just because her pick was a political consideration does not mean she she doesn't have the ability to lead the nation .

Is the base of the Democrat party (those simple-minded idealogues ) also 'al qaeda '?
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2008, 05:30 AM
    She may have committed political suicide: lose the election and lose the confidence of Alaska i.e. no more politics for her.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 05:40 AM
    don't be silly . just because her pick was a political consideration does not mean she she doesn't have the ability to lead the nation .
    Don't be silly. That's not WHY she doesn't have the ability to lead the nation. She doesn't have the ability to lead the nation because she's a simple-minded ideologue.
    Is the base of the Democrat party (those simple-minded idealogues ) also 'al qaeda '?
    The term is accurate for all fundamentalist true-believer groups.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 05:42 AM

She doesn't have the ability to lead the nation because she's a simple-minded ideologue.
    That's what they said of Lincoln . In fact ;I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard the charge that Republicans are stupid.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 05:58 AM
    By the way Excon

I'd like to submit this whole thred as an exhibit for the "Disconnect " thred
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 10:03 AM
    that's what they said of Lincoln . In fact ;I wish I had a dollar for everytime I've heard the charge that Republicans are stupid.
    I didn't say Republicans are stupid, I said that Palin is a simple-minded ideologue, and the fact that the Rovian strategists chose her, knowing full-well that's what she is, means that they think WE'RE stupid. And even though the several prior successes of their strategy do tend to support that conclusion, I'm hopeful that Lincoln's dictum about not being able to fool all of the people all of the time is about to kick in.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 10:13 AM

Simple minded compared to what ;the candidate who can't give a straight answer about what a 'withdrawal 'means ?

To Couric she attempted to give an answer about a very complex issue; the bail out . You will note that for 45 minutes Friday both Presidential candidates tap danced and gave non-answers to Jim Lehrer about the complexities of the bail-out package. Like I said ;the only thing she needs better training in is how to speak Washintonese to satisfy the swamp dwellers. But she's be better off using her Alaska real straight talk in the debate Thursday.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Like I said ;the only thing she needs better training in is how to speak Washintonese
    So the only leadership qualification she lacks is the ability to obfuscate, deny, and lie more convincingly? Not to worry, the McCain campaign is being run by people with demonstrated expertise in those areas, so I'm sure she'll have the best teachers around.
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2008, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy View Post
    So the only leadership qualification she lacks is the ability to obfuscate, deny, and lie more convincingly? Not to worry, the McCain campaign is being run by people with demonstrated expertise in those areas, so I'm sure she'll have the best teachers around.
    Hello again:

Correctomundo... Couldn't have said it better. Here's a greenie where we can't give greenies.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Life Don't Mean A Thing" Artist & Title? [ 1 Answers ]

Need the artist and song title of this mid-80s song that has a nice, happy reggae-type lilt to which the lyrics go (going by memory now): Without you, you know life don't mean a thing without you, And there'll be no song to sing. I wonder 'round like a lonely soul, Nowhere to go nothing to do....

Do I tell her how I feel? The crazy "exes ex is suicidal" thing is ending. [ 2 Answers ]

So, Some of you may know my story from my previous post here :"My exes ex is suicidal." Here is my last question her: Okay, So my ex girlfriends ex boyfriend is suicidal. We will call the girlfriend 'Mary' and her ex boyfriend 'John,' and myslef 'Joe.' Mary went out with John for 4 months....

My friends did something disgusting to me, now I'm alone [ 5 Answers ]

All time since I was very little I've been hanging out with a group of people, since I live in a small village and they settled down in the same neighborhood. These guys were my friends, we could hang out all day, we trained soccer everyday, and everything was joyful for at least 13 years. Okay,...

What's the "dirtiest" thing you've done out of revenge? [ 8 Answers ]

I bring this up as I'm currently going through a breakup... well, not really. It's been about 2 months now... but still. Last night, one of my ex's friends came onto me and I had the opportunity to go for it... but I just didn't... mainly because I just felt dirty in doing so. SO... what'd...

80's Burger King Commercial "Aint nothing but the Real Thing Baby" [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can find the 80's Burger King commercial that has the slogan "Aint nothing but the real thing baby" It's a commercial for their chicken tenders! It has teenage girls in a phone booth eating them, then a husband with Christmas gifts bringing some home for his family. It...

View more questions Search