Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allison159 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2008, 08:52 PM
    What Percentage Of My Donation to Food For The Poor, does Kintera receive.
    This question has been driving me crazy. I made a donation, online, to FOOD FOR THE POOR. When I saw my credit card statement, KIN, was listed before, FOOD FOR THE POOR. I found out that Kintera, is a telemarketing firm. I sent an email to Food For The Poor, asking them how much of my donation went to Kintera. I asked to be contacted via email, because I didn't want to be bothered by phone calls, but they called my anyway. The woman, who left a message on my answering machine, said that although she wanted to speak to me. Said that Kintera did not receive any part of my donation. Kintera is a member of the New York Stock Exchange. Their income for 2007 was over $44 million. There is no way that I believe that Kintera is working for Food For The Poor, for free. I would appreciate any information about Kintera, and how much of my donation they get, when I donate to Food For The Poor.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 29, 2008, 11:08 AM

Food for the Poor gets a good rating, with 96% of its revenue going for program expenses - see:

Charity Navigator Rating - Food For The Poor

Kintera is a company that develops software solutions for non-profits. Perhaps Food for the Poor is using Kintera systems to process your credit card payment. The cost of out-sourced services like this should be included as part of the 4% overhead expense ratio that the charity reports.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Food invention (registration of a food product?) [ 12 Answers ]

I have thought up a good idea for a new food product and would like to offer it to a company, but to do that (I was informed by my dad) I need proof that this idea is mine so no one can steal it and such, registration of a food product? I need to know how to go on to this. A website perhaps? Please...

If I receive a settlement is my husband entitle to a percentage? [ 3 Answers ]

I received a wrongful death settlement for the death of my mother. And I wanted to know if my husband entitle to a percentage if we were to divorce.

Charitable donation [ 2 Answers ]

This one may be splitting hairs but I thought I would ask. I know you can't contribute your time and take a charitable deduction. But lets say your time involves producing a tangible product. For example, lets say you are a software developer. You develop an application that you deem worth...

Egg Donation [ 1 Answers ]

MY daughter donated her eggs to a couple and received a substantial amount of money.Does she have to pay taxes on it?

Tax help on donation [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there,

View more questions Search