Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chitownangel Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2008, 08:51 PM
    Heel Pain
    I was diagnosed with Fallen Arches. Since I changed the type of shoes I wear and wear orthotics with "flat" shoes, my arch pain has decreased tremendously. However, I now have a centralized pain in both heels. The pain subsides after applying direct pressure for a minute or so. It hurts while I apply the pressure but somehow alleviates it after a while. Is this a new symptom of the fallen arches or something new?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2008, 02:41 PM

I've had flat feet since I was a kid. I tried the orthodics in my shoes and found that they did indeed help me but when I took off my shoes I noticed the same funny heel pain. It's just your foot readjusting to not wearing the shoes with the orthodics in them. This is not a new symptom of flat feet. You might want to try a different size of orthodics as well. I have some that are small, medium and large. I had to work up to the large size though starting with the smaller size first. It greatly reduced any foot pain I was experiencing when I had a job that I had to stand all day. I don't wear them anymore except occasionally as I don't stand at work anymore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Achilles Heel Pain [ 2 Answers ]

My left achilles heel is really sore and I was just wondering if anyone know what I can do to heal it quickly, I have been putting ice packs on it and massaging it but it still hurts. Especially in the morning when I get up out of bed or when I sit for long periods. Can someone please help because...

Heel pain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am a runner. I just had a baby 5 months ago and I ran through the whole pregnancy. I did a 10K race about 2 weeks ago and really pushed myself to get a good time. My problem is the run I did right after this race I noticed half way through it that I got a shooting pain on the inner part of...

Painful heel [ 2 Answers ]

44 years old Female 175lbs 5'8 I have been experiencing sharp heel pains on the right side of my left foot.

Periodic heel pain [ 4 Answers ]

I experience periodic heel pain. It's a sharp peircing pain in the heel of the foot maybe 3 to 4 times a day.

Heel Pain [ 4 Answers ]

I Have A Pain In The Side Of My Heel On My Right Side Of My Heel And It Is Killing Me What Could It Be

View more questions Search