Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paganwombat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2008, 08:14 PM
    OxyContin Addiction
    I am looking for any information on OxyContin addiction.

The dangers of cutting down the pills. The increased consumption of this drug.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2008, 09:16 PM

Hi, paganwombat!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just corrected some spelling and moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this topic area so that it would get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Now, concerning your question and until someone can come along who personally has expertise about what you are asking, you might want to click on the following link. oxycontin addiction - Google Search There's quite a bit of information out there on the web about what you are asking.

Thanks!
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2008, 08:27 AM

Welcome to AMHD paganwombat!
    GothGirl1771 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Sep 28, 2008, 08:45 AM

Ok, here is all I know:

Oxycotin is a narcotic and gives a high similar to herioin. But, taking in large doses can cause immediate death, and painful respitory distress. Incresing on your dose can cause a visit to the ER and death.

Withdrawl symptoms:
    Anxiety, nasuea, vomiting, weakness, severe cramps, chills, yawning, diarrhea, fast heart rate and blood pressure, sweating, insomnia, anorexia (loss of appetitite), irritability, and tons more... it'd take a lot of writing though... :P
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Sep 28, 2008, 05:52 PM

Yeah, I quit by cutting back little by little. But when I stopped I still got really sick. From what I hear quitting cold turkey can be life threatening. But being a former opiate addict I hung out with a lot of the same people, and I never heard of one of them dying from it.
    I got hot flashes and cold chills (due to fluctuating BP)
    Aches that made me want to die
    Diarrhea
    Iv'e always had insomnia, but I'm sure that detoxing didn't help
    But I'm all good now, and I go to meetings for support.
    Good luck (if you are quitting)
    If not, I hope you do soon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

10mg oxycontin - T3's [ 8 Answers ]

I have a question that I somehow haven't been able to find an answer for. I've always been somewhat afraid to try different types of pain medication, or taking 1 kind and then later in the day taking a different kind. Simply because I keep hearing about how people overdose when mixing certain...

Oxycontin? [ 5 Answers ]

Someone told me that this pill was an 80 mg oxycontin,problem is... it was pink an ha a G on he opof the pill and below the g was 164... I know what 80mg oxycontins looklike... can anyone tell me what this guy was trying to give me?? Thanks a lot!!

Oxycontin and vicoden w/d's, different or the same [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I hope someone can help with my question. I recently switched from vicoden to oxycontin. The first part of my question is will the withdrawals pretty much be the same from vicoden and oxycontin or will they be different? Secondly, what are the withdrawals of oxycontin? I stopped for...

Over use of Oxycontin [ 2 Answers ]

I started at 10 mg of oxycontin, twice a day. Then to 20 mg. twice a day. Then to 40 my up to 3 times per day, now I take 80 mg 3 times per day. I also take a muscle relaxer 3 times a day. When pain starts getting bad or a headache turning into a migraine, I also take T-3's 2 -with codeine at a...

Oxycontin withdrawals [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend did oxycontin for about 4 months, so he says. He said that his withdrawal wasn't that bad. I know from reading the withdrawal is hell. I'm wondering if the withdrawal for oxycontin varies with the length that a person does it. Say does 4 months differ from someone using it for 6...

View more questions Search