Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freedmctr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2006, 09:26 AM
    Server not found
    Ever since I downloaded the latest version of Mozilla, I constantly receive the following message:
    Server not found
    Firefox can't find the server at www.askmehelpdesk.com.
    * Check the address for typing errors such as
    ww.example.com instead of
    www.example.com
    * If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.
    * If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

This doesn't happen with Internet Explorer. I have checked and rechecked my settings and can't get rid of it. Becoming very annoying.

Any ideas?
    Upenda
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 22, 2006, 12:56 PM
    This may seem like an odd question, but is it stuck in Offline mode ?
    Go to file and towards the bottom is says Work Offline, this may be checked.
    As the error message suggests are you running a firewall that is blocking FF's access to the net ?
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

May 22, 2006, 02:42 PM
    I use Mozilla 1.7.13,their latest version.Have used Mozilla for years,with no problems.It is the "daddy" of Firefox.I have no trouble with either browser,when accessing AMHD,and I have my security settings on "paranoid" mode!
    Just a thought.Make Firefox your default browser,if asked.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 22, 2006, 02:52 PM
    I find Full Paranoid mode with added Tinfoil Hat works best ;)
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 22, 2006, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    I find Full Paranoid mode with added Tinfoil Hat works best ;)
    CUTE! Hey Curlyben, I love your new avatar.

So, that's what my problem was, the 'paranoid mode'... Thanks for the tip.

freedmctr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2006, 06:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    This may seem like an odd question, but is it stuck in Offline mode ?
    Go to file and towards the bottom is says Work Offline, this may be checked.
    As the error message suggests are you running a firewall that is blocking FF's access to the net ?
    No, none of these things. Also, it doesn't happen every time. I don't think it could be the firewall or I couldn't use FF at all. It usually happens when I'm going to a new website, and sometimes I can keep selecting the site, and it will finally come up but not always. Stinky little problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend found another man after 3 yrs [ 46 Answers ]

Threads merged Ive been seeing this girl for 3yrs. Always been there for her, do everything 2 make her happy and comfortable (she's a student and I'm a worker) and one day she told me the parents are against the relationship so we should stop seeing each other. I tried convincing her but she...

New Hardware Found ? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi All - new to the site - so -HELP! On start up - getting New Hardware Found window - Last new hardware was a video card over a month ago - Out of interest sent window on 'Load from Internet' route - Window tries to download ' QoS RSVP' - finds it can't do it and asks for CD or...

I found a cat [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, To begin with, I found a cat hiding on the top of my tire in my car. I don't want to bring it to the animal control because I'm afraid she has no owner and I don't want her to be put to sleep. So instead, I'm making fliers and posting them around. So anyway, the cat doesn't want to eat or...

View more questions Search