Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grmn7318 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Sep 27, 2008, 03:11 PM
    Moving To Retirement Communities - How Do They Rate?
    I have been asked if there is a blog or a forum of somewhere to check out various retirement communities before a couple goes and moves from one state to another. I know there are several web sites to check out nursing homes, but not independent communities. Does anyone know how to search for a retirement community and get a rating of some sort?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 27, 2008, 08:10 PM

Sorry none that I know of but you need to narrow your search first. Roughly where do you want to live? Once you have the geographics pinned down then searchthe yellow pages to build a list of what's there. Now you can compare apples to apples better. Beware of Home Owner Assiciation Covenants, they are legal documents that are difficult to read and limit your property rights.
    grmn7318 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Sep 28, 2008, 09:24 AM
    I am inquiring on behalf of a couple who is relocating from Va to Chicago. They will be looking at retirement communities where there is a monthly rent, as opposed to a buy in.
    Most people do their research on the internet, and that is why they were hoping to find some websites which offered ratings similar to travel sites.

Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 28, 2008, 11:08 AM

Try doing some research on Del Webb's community near Hamshire, Il. Active Adult Communities - Active Adult Community - Adult Retirement Communities I have some friends at SunCity and they are very happy. You friends are in for an unpleaseant surprise with our weather. Webb is a buy in and I have not heard of any rental retirement places but will keep my ears open. Try this http://www.retirenet.com/location/ov...l-communities/
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Sep 28, 2008, 11:26 AM

Could the Better Business Bureau or local Chamber of Commerce be helpful

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rate of return and coupon rate [ 1 Answers ]

I need someone to show me how to find the value of a bond when it gives a coupon rate and rate of return. The value of $1000 when the coupon rate is 7% and the required rate of return is 8%

The rate of return on a proposal is less than the rate used in the analysis [ 1 Answers ]

if in evaluating a proposal by use of the net present value method there is an excess of present value over the amount to be invested, the rate of return on the proposal is less than the used in the analysis. true or false

Moving Overseas - 401k Cash out vs early retirement [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I will be moving abroad within the next year. I currently own a house which I will be selling. Before I can sell this house, I need to make some much needed repairs, i.e. a new roof and fix a sagging bathroom floor. I want to cash out of my 401k plan to get the money to make the...

Communities online, and in cyberspace [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the most comprehensive, and diverse assortment of online databases, directories, and information portals which can lead me to all the awesome places online that I would be interested in joining.  As with all other concepts, the opportunities, and possibilities for this are endless,...

View more questions Search