Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2008, 11:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_br View Post
    hi, during the week we'll hardly be online here at te same, time because of the timezone...
    it would be easier in the weekends. if you want, i may send my msn address too
    Hi, Jonny_br!

I'm online right now! If you have the time, would you please give me a few minutes to un-cloak and take care of something else?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2008, 11:38 PM

I'm back! If you return tonight yet, would you please let me know? I should be around for at least another hour or so...

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2008, 04:37 AM

I'm just wondering how you're doing, Jonny_br!

Would you please let me know?

Thanks!
    Jonny_br Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Oct 15, 2008, 05:23 AM

I'm doing fine thanks for asking =)
    since I wrote here and learned about social anxiety, I've been learning much about myself, I still need to change lots of things, but now I notice certain things I wouldn't before.
    I'm really thinking about seeing a doc, but sometimes thinking is just not enough...
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2008, 03:07 AM

I'm glad that you are learning some things, Jonny_br because of the efforts that you have made to learn more about yourself! You're correct about the thinking thing. Actions do speak louder than words!
    mikedem7 Posts: 104, Reputation: 13

Oct 18, 2008, 04:54 AM

Hi jonny if I were you I would join a church org. where there is no pressure to talk about god. Good luck
    social_anxiety Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 05:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_br View Post
    right i got the intersts part , but what is harder is talking, i mean...

even when i manage to talk to someone (not just girls), that insecurity feelling comes and i don't know how to keep a conversation... the words come out so low that people ask me to repeat, i know its anoying and when i try to keep my voice high consciousnessly its just don't came out naturally...

between known people i generally speak normally, and i feel normally...
    It's not that you don't know how to keep a conversation, only the feeling is the problem. That feeling has been developed over the years. To cure it you have to clean up your past and to put yourself out there.

Quick Action Step: Try to hang out and make friends with 3 people that are totally comfortable in social situations. Do stuff for them, give value to them, do whatever it takes to stay in their presence.

Also, watch movies and YouTube clips where people behave confident in ANY social situation.

This should help to at least improve your situation.
    Thanks.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2009, 03:58 PM
    Being an introvert isn’t really a bad thing - it is something we are born with. There are good things about being an introvert. It takes both introverts and extroverts to balance out our society. Introverts can learn some social skills but more importantly we add our strengths to the mix. Introverts are excellent listeners, are naturally more curious, and can take a topic to depths where many extroverts would be astonished with. We take time to think before we speak, plan before we act, and listen well to others.

To try and mix in with the extroverts, if you know you are going to a function, personal or business, think about the people who you know will be there. Come up with some questions to ask that you KNOW would grab their interest. Always remember that people (extroverts) love talking about themselves. As long as you ask about them, they’ll always find you interesting.

You’re going to meet a perfect girl someday - be patient....she’s out there looking for you too!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 30, 2009, 03:31 PM

Old thread, closed, don't people ever check dates of these things

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My Son, 12 yo, is too talkative, how to guide him ? [ 2 Answers ]

When watching TV programs, he likes to talk about the story to the family members, as if they are not watching the program... We have to ask him to shut up his mouth sometimes. How to guide him in order to stop this bad habit ? What occupation is most suitable for him in the future ?

View more questions Search