Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    Palin made a statement to America since reports were standing right there not some guy at a cheese steak stand. And she agree's with Obama. Or she has no Idea what she is talking about and said the first thing that came into her head. Everyday it is clearer and clearer why she is not allowed to speak to ANYONE!!!!!
    But Republican white guys, especially the old ones, don't care about what she says. She's pretty ("a babe") and cute and funny and quirky. That's all that matters. They overlook her faults. (P.S. I'm married to one of those Republican old white guys whose white-guy relatives and friends think the same way and will tell you so while wearing dopey expressions and drooling.)
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2008, 02:11 PM

Me and my friends went back and forth on the debate but one thing we all agreed on was that Obama did great. Besides the issues I just found it odd that McCain wouldn't look Obama way. Even when they shook hands and gave each other half a hug, he still couldn't face Obama and looked straight ahead. Also, besides the issues, it seems that guys find Sarah attractive and most females finds Obama attractive.

I just like Obama views about everything. I think he won the 1st debate and I am waiting for the next. I can't wait to hear the VP's.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    I just found it odd that McCain wouldn't look Obama way. Even when they shook hands and gave eachother half a hug, he still couldn't face Obama and looked straight ahead.
    I've read in several places that McCain was told by his handlers NOT to look at Obama during the debates so as to avoid getting ticked off and falling into a rant trap which he can be so good at doing.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2008, 03:12 PM

So basically McCain doesn't know how to control himself. He looks like a hot temper person. He reminds of the grumpy guy that lives down the street. This is how is going do things, not look at people directly. Some foreigners take that as a sign of disrespect.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    So basically McCain doesn't know how to control himself. He looks like a hot temper person. He reminds of the grumpy guy that lives down the street. This is how is going do things, not look at people directly. Some foreigners take that as a sign of disrespect.
    He's taught himself to smile toothily and drones on and on when his buttons are being pushed and thus avoids confrontation.

Which candidate wore a flag pin at the debate? (It wasn't McCain.) Where are all those posters who dissed Obama for not wearing a flag pin earlier in the campaign?
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2008, 04:47 PM
    * If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're 'exotic, different.  
    * Grow up in Alaska eating moose burgers, a quintessential American story.  

* If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.  
    * Name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, and you're a maverick.  

* Graduate from Harvard law School and be President of the Law Review, and you are unstable.  
    * Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well grounded.  

* If you spend 3 years as a community organizer, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.  
    * If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive.  

* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real Christian.  
    * If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.  
    * If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.  
    * If , while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant , you're very responsible.  
    * If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't represent America's.  
    * If your husband is nicknamed 'First Dude', with at least one DUI conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.  

OK, much clearer now.'   The revolution will be televised.   Obama/Biden 2008        =

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Philosophy Debate [ 10 Answers ]

Hey all, I am currently taking a philosophy course and we have been assigned a debate assignment that is in regards to the morality of stem cell research. My group was given the task of being opposed to stem cell research. If anyone can give me any idea why people may be opposed to stem cell...

The latest debate [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone else find it curious that the Dems would hold their latest debate at Howard University, a historically black college, and whine about the Supreme Court's segregation decision? And what do you make of this remark by Biden on the "inequities" between blacks and whites? When...

Tax debate,NY or PA [ 1 Answers ]

What would be the better of two. I work in Salamanca,NY. Right now I live in NJ. I am moving out of NJ. Which would be better tax wise, to live in Bradford,PA or Salamanca area, NY? If my income is approx. 1K what would be the savings?

View more questions Search