Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Sep 26, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Why I'm going to vote DEMOCRAT
    I'm voting Democrat because English has no place being the official language in America.

I'm voting Democrat because it's better to turn corn into fuel than it is to eat.

I'm voting Democrat because I'd rather pay $4 for a gallon of gas than allow drilling for oil off the coasts of America.

I'm voting Democrat because I think the government will do a better job of spending my money than I could.

I'm voting Democrat because when we pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq, I know the Islamic terrorists will stop trying to kill us because they'll think we're a good and decent country.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe people who can't tell us if it will rain in two or three days, can now tell us the polar ice caps will disappear in ten years if I don't start riding a bicycle, build a windmill or inflate my tires to proper levels.

I'm voting Democrat because it's all right to kill millions of babies as long as we keep violent, convicted murderers on death row alive.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe businesses in America should not be allowed to make profits. Businesses should just break even and give the rest to the government so politicians and bureaucrats can redistribute the money the way they think it should be redistributed.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe guns, and not the people misusing them, are the cause of crimes and killings.

I'm voting Democrat because when someone with a weapon threatens my family or me, I know the government can respond faster through a call to 911 than I can with a gun in my hand.

I'm voting Democrat because oil companies' 5% profit on a gallon of gas are obscene, but government taxes of 18% on the same gallon of gas are just fine.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe four elitist liberals should rewrite the Constitution every few months to suit some fringe element that could never get their agenda past voters.

I'm voting Democrat because illegal aliens are not criminals, are not sucking up resources through government aid, hospital services, education, or social services, but are just people trying to make a better life by coming to America illegally. We can't blame them for that, can we?

I'm voting Democrat because now I can now marry whatever I want, so I've decided to marry my horse.

Makes you wonder why anyone would ever vote Republican, doesn't it?
    :D
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2008, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1 View Post
    I'm voting Democrat because now I can now marry whatever I want, so I've decided to marry my horse.
    What can I give as a wedding gift that will be suitable for both of you? Are you two registered somewhere?
    Merris Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Sep 26, 2008, 03:10 PM
    I'm going to vote democrat because...

I think it's better to include people rather than exclude them and teaching a child a second language is good for their brains and I know that knowledge defeats ridiculous fears.

I'm interested in alternative fuels and I'm not going to buy the BS that it can't be done just because powerful oil companies, the lobbyists and their constituents say it's so.

Because I want my child to know the joy of swimming in the ocean and not in a fuel cesspit and because I like to eat fish and not die in the process of doing so.

Because I love the Earth and I know there really is no difference between the Earth and the people or creatures that depend on it.

I like spending my own money but also realize that extending resources to people in need also helps enrich my own life and my community too.

Because I know you can't win an unsustainable, ideological war with bombs and military aggression... it takes brains and it's much easier to get someone to do something by making them think they want to do it themselves than by brute force.

Because I know that politicians don't abort babies, women who have the abortions are aborting the babies. (ain't that the same as the gun argument, son? ) And while someone can kill me for no reason with their gun, abortion isn't a personal threat to me, especially when I know to use birth control and I raise my children with care.

Because I know that the more money you have for a good lawyer the less chance there is you wind up on death row. That's why most death row inmates are people who... well can't afford good lawyers. The law is then slanted for the wealthy.

Because I believe a person's personal liberties and privacy should be protected and that is the real freedom worth fighting for.

Because I know that governments will tax you to death no matter how the hell you vote... so you might as well get something out of it like healthcare.

Because I know that my marriage is strong and that it doesn't affect me one way or the other if you marry whatever barnyard animal you choose. So have fun with that.

But mainly I vote Democratic because I'm a reasonable person. :)
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Sep 26, 2008, 08:13 PM

I'm voting Democrat;

Because I don't mind $4 / gallon gas, in the name of preserving the environment and increasing dependence on foreign oil

I want the government to define religious institutions like marriage, yet they toe that fine balance by getting rid of those 10 Commandment displays

I want government health care - it is the most efficient use of taxpayor dollars
    Blatant Medicare fraud costs taxpayers billions - Nightly News with Brian Williams - MSNBC.com
    19 deaths at VA traced to poor care - Health care - MSNBC.com

Because ignoring terrorist attacks [ Cole, WTC 1 ] leads to peace.

I want government to tax me on energy usage thereby solving global warming
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice… « Common Tragedies

I want the government to restrict my 2nd amendment right - that will make me safer - like in DC:
    StateMaster - Firearms Death Rate per 100,000 (most recent) by state
    Gun Control Laws and Homicide Rates -- Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics - novatownhall blog

Because since 11/ 06, when the Democrats became the majority in both houses, - the economy has blossomed.

Because I wanted my mother to have the right to choose - fortunantly she chose life and it was 1966, and even if she wanted to abort me I know the Democratic party would have let me die if I survived that abortion attempt.
    Born Alive Truth
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 26, 2008, 08:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1 View Post
    That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. What's wrong with humans marrying humans? How does it hurt you if homosexuals get married? And please save the religious junk because marriage is not a religious thing, it's a state thing. You can get married in a church, but without a marriage license it means nothing. If there really was separation of State and Religion, then homosexuals should technically be allowed to marry.

Sep 27, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sGt HarDKorE View Post
    That is one of the stupidest things i have ever heard. Whats wrong with humans marrying humans? How does it hurt you if homosexuals get married? And please save the religious junk because marriage is not a religious thing, its a state thing. You can get married in a church, but without a marriage license it means nothing. If there really was separation of State and Religion, then homosexuals should technically be allowed to marry.
    Some of you libs have no sense of humor! :D

Sep 27, 2008, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What can I give as a wedding gift that will be suitable for both of you? Are you two registered somewhere?
    Lol! Actually, I don't own a horse.:D
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2008, 02:41 PM
    So it's official - Galveston is into bestiality.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 27, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    So it's official - Galveston is into beastiality.
    It could be the other way around.
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2008, 02:43 PM
    It's the horse's idea?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 27, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    It's the horse's idea?
    The scary part is, we aren't sure if it's a girl horse or a boy horse. I wish Gal were here to help us out. I wanted to chat with him about Palin too.

Sep 27, 2008, 03:05 PM

I figured you juveniles needed some entertainment on your intellectual level. You're welcome!

Seriously, though, you're sure you don't want to address the rest of that post?
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2008, 03:22 PM
    But you wrote that you wanted to marry your horse, I imagine it's bacause that implies that you want to start a family with your horse i.e. sex with a horse. You wrote it, not us.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 27, 2008, 05:26 PM

Gal, if we didn't love you to pieces, we wouldn't tease you.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2008, 07:22 PM

Gal,

You will believe any ole lie... those are people who vote Republican!

Sep 28, 2008, 12:27 PM

Satire (n) an ironical essay, book, or lecture
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Sep 28, 2008, 01:07 PM

Quit beating up Galveston, Ike already clobbered him

Here's my query, if you are married and your partner has a sex change, does that make you a homosexual if you stay married? Or do you divorce which is also a sin? No I'm not asking on my own behalf, in case you wondered.

But I do wonder, since I'm getting up there and now realize that if I invest my money at 3% I can now live off the interest for the rest of my life without touching the principal, so why does the government need to charge me 15 or 25 or 35% interest and call it taxes? How much are they making off hard working people?
    Also if the cost of the bailout is $2000 per person, isn't that the same amount they just gave us and called it an economic stimulus package? So why cry over it, except we all spent it instead of putting it in the banks for them to embezzle. It's like they want that money back now with interest if they expect they taxpayer to bail them out.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 28, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wildandblue View Post
    Here's my query, if you are married and your partner has a sex change, does that make you a homosexual if you stay married? or do you divorce which is also a sin? No I'm not asking on my own behalf, in case you wondered.
    I just read a novel with that as the storyline. The two remained married, and continued to live together chastely as friends in order to raise their children together. (P.S. It was explained well to the kids, and they had no problem with it, were in fact happy their parents stayed together.)
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Sep 28, 2008, 03:51 PM

I think everyone realizes you are being satirical- anyway, as long as you vote democrat (wink)- I don't care if you think oil companies are only getting back 5 %
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2008, 03:52 PM

Rebuttal:

YouTube - I'm Voting Republican

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She's going to turn 16 and I'm going to turn 18 three days after is this illegal? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Like the heading says. She's going to be 16 and I'm going to be 18 is this illegal to date. Are we able to do things like hug or kiss? Please help.

Democrat versus Republican [ 7 Answers ]

Many of you guys can add it up in one minute, so please tell me: How many wars were initiated by democrats since the beginning of the USA? How many were started by republicans? How many wars were ended by republicans versus democrats?

A Vote for McBush is a Vote for Iran War [ 35 Answers ]

A vote for McBush is a vote for a War on Iran. How do you like the War of Adventurism against Iraq which will last 100 years or until America destroys itself economically? Do you think that our colony Iraq, a future colony of Iran, and add another colony perhaps in Afghanistan will ever be in...

Democrat/republican who? [ 5 Answers ]

Are you going to vote democrat or republican and then who are you going to vote for? If you vote.

View more questions Search