Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paulhooverjr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2008, 09:08 AM
    Harassment by neighbor
    I am living in Warrensburg Missouri. My neighbor is harassing me all the time by calling the city on supposed code violations when there are none found and or calling DFS making false reports what can I do to stop this crap?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2008, 10:50 AM

I am sure that after awhile the Building Code people and the DFS people will come to realize that there is nothing wrong at your home. It is their job, however, to investigate any and all complaints alleged against either a structure or a child. Sit tight. That neighbor will just get tired of this game and move onto someone else. The part about DFS is not prosecutable either. They cannot file charges against someone who keeps calling in fake allegations even if they have the person's name and address on file. It's the system designed to let people, either identified or annonymous, call in complaints against parents for alleged child abuse with no repercussions when the charges are false. When they show up at your home be extremely nice to these people and show no hostilities towards the worker in any, way, shape, or form. Remember, you are the victim in this matter, so don't take it out on them. They are just doing their job. If anything, be so nice and friendly that the next time they have to come over you two will be good friends by then.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 26, 2008, 10:59 AM

Discuss it with the agencies and see if they can flag your file so they know that they have already investigated you.

If you want to take action against the neighbor, you will need to consult an attorney.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Discuss it with the agencies and see if they can flag your file so they know that they have already investigated you.

If you want to take action against the neighbor, you will need to consult an attorney.

An Attorney could end this really quickly.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 26, 2008, 01:23 PM

Yes, if you have the ability to hire an attorney, who will write them letters warning them, and also informing the agencies of their continued false investigations. Also if it continued still possible of suing them for the suffering and the loss of time and money in clearing the investigations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harassment [ 6 Answers ]

I found out that my spouse is having an affair with a coworker. I sent him him an email in which I outlined my knowledge and what my expectations were. Although the language was not pretty, it was also not physically threatening but did have itemized divorce requirements. He forwarded these to his...

Harassment [ 8 Answers ]

Is it better to ignore a former friend who is harassing you for money via phone and text message or to answer the call/text message. By ignoring will that make the person madder and make them look for you or will they just stop ?

Define harassment [ 15 Answers ]

According to Michigan law; what is the definition of and what constitutes harassment. I have a nosey neighbor that I tried just to ignore last summer but it has already started again this summer. Her complaint is that I have a play set in my front yard. She sent the ordinance enforcement officer...

LDS harassment. [ 35 Answers ]

Okay I am at my wits end. I was baptised as a mormon at age 9 or 10 because that is what my mother( the hypocrite) wanted. I was forced to go to church as a child even though at that age I had no real concept of the religion. As I grew up and got married and discovered what the religion was all...

Stalking and harassment [ 15 Answers ]

I am trying desperately to break up with someone who was living with me and not paying bills. He was hired as temporary/part time for my company as one of my assistants to try to make some money. It was an at-will employment status, which means I can get rid of him whenever I choose. He is now...

View more questions Search