Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iDish Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Sep 26, 2008, 09:03 AM
    Where's the best place to meet mature people when you're in college?
    I just want to know where's the best place is to meet guys when your in college. And not just any guy. Mature guys. I go to a Dominantly white school where everyone either drinks, smokes or has sex on a ridiculously regular basis. I'm not interested in Drug-abusing whores. Are there places where there are people who DON'T act that way? I would join clubs but I don't have nay interests in them and I don't want to join a club for the sake of meeting people. Besides, people who ARE part of a club are interested in what the club stands for (anime, music, sports, nationality, etc... ). Not with dating.
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Sep 26, 2008, 10:51 AM

I would imagine the library would have some decent guys... Maybe there are some in your classes too.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 26, 2008, 01:35 PM

You should rethink your opinion of clubs. Maturity is about accomplishing things, not hooking up... and in your case, that's STILL what you're after... you're just wanting a long-term hookup. It's the same thing.

Mature relationships are based on broad-ranged commonality, not common interest in each other. So, you need clubs, or club-like groups, where you are trying to accomplish something noteworthy. Being around like-minded people with like-minded selflessness increases your chances of being attracted to a guy on a level other than physical... and vice versa.

Many colleges have Community Service centers or Community Aid centers or something similar, especially Christian Colleges or Christian Clubs. This would be a great place to find altruistic, family-oriented values.

Then look around for similar situations. Your best bet is to find a guy by not looking for him, but working for the good of others in an environment where guys like that would be as well.

Good luck.
    iDish Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Sep 26, 2008, 03:06 PM

You know what Beau? You're right. Good advice.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 26, 2008, 07:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iDish View Post
    You know what Beau? You're right. good advice.
    (pout) There's a button for that right in my post... hehe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

College grants for people with g.e.d.'s [ 17 Answers ]

I am 20 years old and I want to go to college for psychology. I got my G.E.D. when I turned 16 and I have been working ever since. My question is does Ohio have any grants that could help me out? And if so how do I go about applying for them?

Where to meet new people [ 3 Answers ]

Where do you meet new people these days. I have been in a long term relationship for 20 years. I am self employed and don't meet many people that way. The friend pool is real low she drove them all away. I know in the future I will want to meet someone new. Where do you do that these days not into...

Five people you want to meet in heaven [ 12 Answers ]

Are there five people from your life you'd like to meet in heaven to find out why they were in your life?

Where can I meet creative people in miami? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I will make my question short,I will thank anyone who can contribute to the answer.I had a breakdown recently because I keep dating people at the club and they are mostly social butterflies or just people looking for sex. My therapist told me that since I'm an artist I should date and...

How do I meet new people [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hard time finding and meeting girls/women, does anyone know of a way I can meet them. I've tried clubs, online, and meeting them through people I know, but nothing ever seems to work. Does anyone have any ideas? What do I say to women when I meet them so they know I'm not some idiot trying...

View more questions Search