Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

May 21, 2006, 05:29 PM
    Perfectionism - Boon or Bust?
    The right/responsiblity of the "gifted" ones, a mental illness that causes undue suffering or something else all together...

What do you think?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 23, 2006, 03:17 AM
    I don't understand. Can you give an example?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2006, 05:07 AM
    HI,
    Perfectionism, as explained in this link:
    PERFECTIONISM--UIUC Counseling Center

Really is a mental illness. The words "gifted ones", to me, means someone who has a "gift", such as more intelligence toward any particular subject, thinking, or is far above the average person. They can use the human mind too much more extents that normal.
    Personally, a perfectionist is mentall ill, and it's not really a gift. Trying to be perfect in anything anyone does, and I do mean Anything, means always fighting an uphill battle. Goals for these people are not realistic, and they are always trying to achieve the impossible.
    No one is perfect, but to think one has to be, is a great disadvantage in everyday life. A person such as this could accomplish much, much more with their lives, instead of spending such a great deal of time trying to prove themselves in every instance, being "perfect".
    Just my thoughts. I have had one friend in my lifetime, so far, thinking everything he does has to be perfect. It's no fun even being around a person like that. I really haven't seen this person now for years... guess we aren't "friends" anymore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search