Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomdufresne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2008, 04:19 AM
    Can anyone identify this movie?
    I saw this movie about 5 years ago, and would love to see it again, but can't recall the title. It's about an Iranian refugee ( ex General in the army) who has moved to America with his wife and small boy. He buys a house that the local council are selling because the owner hasn't paid her bills. It turns out the owner is a fairly naïve young woman who was left the house by her father, and she doesn't understand about bills and such, so she thinks the man has "stolen" her house. Things generally go from bad to worse, ending with the child being shot by police, and the man and his wife committing suicide. Sounds a bit horrific I know, but it's a very good movie!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2008, 05:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomdufresne View Post
    I saw this movie about 5 years ago, and would love to see it again, but can't recall the title. It's about an Iranian refugee ( ex General in the army) who has moved to America with his wife and small boy. He buys a house that the local council are selling because the owner hasn't paid her bills. It turns out the owner is a fairly naive young woman who was left the house by her father, and she doesn't understand about bills and such, so she thinks the man has "stolen" her house. Things generally go from bad to worse, ending with the child being shot by police, and the man and his wife comitting suicide. Sounds a bit horrific I know, but it's a very good movie!

House of Sand and Fog with Ben Kingsley - isn't this a great movie - ?

Really thought provoking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Anyone Identify this Movie? [ 1 Answers ]

I rented this movie on VHS about seven years ago from a local hire store. The plot involved a wealthy but weird couple who did not have a physical relationship with each other but got their kicks out of the male watching his partner have relations with others (mainly females) and daring her to push...

Identify this movie for me. [ 9 Answers ]

I don't know the name of this movie, but I do know a little bit about it. It's in a time where woman can't get pregnant and this one guy finds this girl who is pregnant and now have to rescue her from these people who I think want to study her. So please help me I need to know the name of this...

View more questions Search