Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crystalcoastklh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2008, 08:49 PM
    Scalped Newly Sodded Lawn
    I laid sod down 6 weeks ago. Hired help comes along to mow it and scalps some areas here and there. It is the end of September so is it ruined? What can I do? I see those lawn repair mixtures. Would that be good or bad or maybe try it because it couldn't hurt anything further. Help! He scalped it to where you can see a good majority of the soil the grass looks like straw. Hopefully I can still do something to save this brand new lawn.:confused:
    Patriarch Posts: 75, Reputation: 4

Sep 26, 2008, 12:23 AM
    Help! He scalped it to where you can see a good majority of the soil the grass looks like straw. Hopefully I can still do something to save this brand new lawn.:confused:[/QUOTE]

I am very sorry about your plight but all is not lost. Your grass should fill in the bare spots the more you mow your lawn. This though may take some time depending on what kind of grass you have. You also could, if practicle buy enough sod to fill the bare spots. If you do this, cut a square or rectangle shaped spot where the soil is nearly bare, lift it out and cut sod pieces to fit and put it in place. Press the pieces down for good sod to soil contact and daily water the repair patches. If you want to reseed it again remove the damaged sections and apply a half inch layer of compost along with the same grass seed that makes up your sodded lawn. Perhaps the problem with your lawn is that the soil grade was not properly done. The soil should have been devoid of dips and mounds before the sod was laid. When soil grading is done properly it will only sink as much as a half inch when a person walks on it before the so is laid. If your lawn has highs and lows this will allow a lawnmower to scalp the higher areas. I hope this was of some help. No need to panic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Newly married [ 1 Answers ]

I recently got married and my new husband knows about me contenplating filing for bankruptcy. My question is how will my filing bankruptcy going to effect his credit. I live in the state of Illinois so I need to know about Illinois law in this matter

Scalped tickets [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter bought tickets online from a company based in IL. Turns out they are scalpers. NC has a law against this that says: One can resell tickets to special events, such as athletic games, for no more than the face value of the ticket plus a "reasonable service fee" not to exceed $3. G.S....

Scalped cat [ 5 Answers ]

Our neutered tom has had a series of losing encounters with a neighbourhood cat (now gone) which have left him with a torn scalp. We have been to the vet several times to have him stitched up and the last time she cut the skin flap off and kept him in a cage for 3 weeks hoping it would heal over....

Newly Wed-very sad & hurting. [ 13 Answers ]

Hi all, I recenty just got married in June to my boyfriend of 4 years on & off. I love him very much but I don't know if he is as much in love with me. He is a good husband for the most part. We go to church together and attend a marriage bible study together which helps us deal with the day to day...

Newly Wed.and nothing going on [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My husband and I have been married for about 6 months now. That would be all well and good except that because of circumstances out of our control, we needed to move in with my parents for about a year. That has not been a big problem. They give us our space and respect our position and how...

View more questions Search