Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2009, 12:10 AM

I found in another place that he was playing sports games, or at least one. If he plays a lot of those, that may explain that.
    smdk Posts: 73, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2009, 12:40 AM

No actually I like rpgs but comment on that fifa post...
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 10:52 AM

There you go- A lot of people like games with completely customizable characters. Ask your girlfriend to build her own character and make him/her appear however they want- that's always a good start... I know I can spend HOURS customizing a character's appearance.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 01:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime90 View Post
    There you go- A lot of people like games with completely customizable characters. Ask your gf to build her own character and make him/her appear however they want- that's always a good start...I know I can spend HOURS customizing a character's appearance.
    Ditto!
    I'm like that with car racing games... I'm useless at the actual racing but I love making the cars look great ;)

I don't know anyone who doesn't like Final Fantasy, male or female, FFX is the best ;)

You can also go for games like old school platform Sonic or Spyro, one's that weren't specifically targeted at guys.
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2009, 03:49 PM

Sure, games like Zelda, Super Smash bros. etc. are all games that I grew up on, that anyone can have fun playing. RPG's like Oblivion, and Morrowind are awesome too because the characters are so customizable.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2009, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime90 View Post
    I know I can spend HOURS customizing a character's appearance.
    You mean you actually play the game when you're done? I thought the entire point of the game was to make characters. :p
    smdk Posts: 73, Reputation: 2

Dec 14, 2009, 01:53 AM

You know I hate customizing characters I just take the default ones and start playing... lol
    mathwiz3502 Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2009, 03:26 PM
    I still have a working nes with plenty of gamesi Unfortunately, it takes 5 tries, 2 alchohal packs, and a q tip to play one.

Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros, Tetris, Ghosts n Goblins (hardest game ever), Paperboy, Kirby's Adventure, Duck Hunt, and a couple .
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2009, 02:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mathwiz3502 View Post
    I still have a working nes with plenty of gamesi Unfortunately, it takes 5 tries, 2 alchohal packs, and a q tip to play one.

Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros, Tetris, Ghosts n Goblins (hardest game ever), Paperboy, Kirby's Adventure, Duck Hunt, and a couple .
    You just can't go past Alex the Kidd on Sega ;)
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 10:43 AM

Depending on the game I'll start with a defult character... The point is, if you want to hook your girlfriend into gaming it's a good idea to start with games that would appeal to her.

You could take her to a public gaming place.. There's one in my area that has 50 xbox 360 elites with your own flatscreen moniter and captains chair... You can play nearly any game, and the best part is, you can play online... It costs about 3$ and hour to place (which sounds cheap, but seriously, you can rack up some big bucks) It's fun because you can set up teams and whatnot online with the other guys and gals who are playing there, and chat with them. (they even have a big screen TV with Rock band.)
    phycocrazz Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2010, 07:55 AM

Relax! Im A Girl Gamer! Some People Find it ierd.. others Think Its Cool =)... I Play CoD 6 And Halo 3 A lot... Im 1st Prestiege 32 And On Halo Captain... Im Exsactly the Same As You.. My Dad Got Me into Games When I Was Little.. now Im Just.. Attached To My Xbox!

Do You Play PS3 Or Xbox?

If You Play Xbox here's My Gamer tag

x Golden Fox x
    Tamsyn Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

Apr 24, 2010, 07:31 AM

I did a semester of Video Game Studies at Murdoch University, Western Australia. See if you can get ahold of the text book, there were A lot of sections on gaming and gender. Fascinating stuff. I'm a Final Fantasy gamer ^_^
    Uber Member

May 3, 2010, 11:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamsyn View Post
    I did a semester of Video Game Studies at Murdoch University, Western Australia. See if you can get ahold of the text book, there were ALOT of sections on gaming and gender. fascinating stuff. I'm a Final Fantasy gamer ^_^
    Woohoo another FF player :D

I'm hooked on FFXIII at the moment, graphics are insane, story is pretty good too albeit a little confusing.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2010, 04:25 AM

But you'd still recommend getting XIII as a good FF?
    Uber Member

May 8, 2010, 06:03 PM

Definitely.
    I like the system they have in 13, it is turn based but still fast paced enough so you don't get bored.
    10 is still my favorite, but this is a close second.

Storyline is a tad confusing, I get the basic story which is good but there are a few things that leave you going "huh?" Doesn't affect gameplay though.

Been playing for nearly 60 hours so far :o
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2010, 06:06 PM

Nice :D

I'm due a new game or two anyhoo, I deserve it :D
    Sunagin Posts: 13, Reputation: 5

May 10, 2010, 06:38 PM

Heya!

As a "hardcore" female gamer, and a game design student I can tell you exactly why there are not as many female gamers. I'll give you my quick opinion:

It's been an ongoing thing for quite some time now, but the problem isn't the fact that females are not as compettitive or that they don't have an interest in gaming, it's just that most games aren't targeting females.
    Most games today are marketed towards males, ages 19 - 30. We're talking Halo, BioShock, Mass Effect 2 etc, now don't get me wrong there are girls out there who like that stuff (such as myself) but the average female just isn't into blowing up mass ammounts of covenant drop ships haha.
    But game designers and companies are trying to include females in their target market group. Bungie, for example, put out advertisements asking female gamers to tell them what they wanted to see when they released Halo3. That's why they created a female voice for the spartan characters in multiplayer. It's little, but it's a start. More and more females are becoming interested in the industry though, more and more companies are trying to incorporate the opinions of female players into their games (sometimes they do a really bad job, like making the female choice character wear a completely pink outfit or something stupid like that) but hey, at least they're trying right?

May 10, 2010, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Definitely.
    I like the system they have in 13, it is turn based but still fast paced enough so you don't get bored.
    10 is still my favorite, but this is a close second.

Storyline is a tad confusing, I get the basic story which is good but there are a few things that leave you going "huh?" Doesn't affect gameplay though.

Been playing for nearly 60 hours so far :o
    I'm sorry... from a design standpoint.. FFXIII was terrible. Well, maybe not terrible, but pretty bad when compared to the others in the series...

The plot makes little to no sense and takes way too long to start making ANY kind of sense. The characters are a bit stereotypical and single faceted. Uh.. the graphics are nice. REALLY nice actually... haha and the gameplay is REALLY REALLY linear. Best way to describe it is to say that it's a railshooter with a battle options menu. You can't explore the world like you could any other FF game until you get to the 3rd disc and Gran Pulse is pretty much the only place where you can walk wherever you want. Other than that... you're on a set path.
    Walk... fight a monster... walk... fight some Psicom guys... walk... Eidolon battle... walk... etc lol

But I bought it and played it. Not worth the $80.00 I paid for it on opening day but hey, it was an experience. Some of you may like it.
    Uber Member

May 11, 2010, 02:19 PM

I finished it last night and I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the way it ended, didn't make a lot of sense, but meh... the final scene was pretty.
    I was told that once you finish the 'story' you could continue on and build your characters etc, you can, but not in the way I expected.

It is very linear, and I agree, the plot just gets ridiculous. But again at least it's pretty, and Lightning is awesome ;) . I'll still keep playing it... I want the platinum trophy :p Only platinums I have are for Fallout 3 and Uncharted 2
    Found out the hard way that the best team is Lightning, Vanille, Hope... took about 10 goes on the final Boss to figure out that Sahz sucks... a lot of places said Fang was supposedly the best Character, but I don't know... I just didn't go much on her.

Don't know about a pink Halo character LOL Hmmmmm, nicely camouflaged :D

May 12, 2010, 04:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Found out the hard way that the best team is Lightning, Vanille, Hope... took about 10 goes on the final Boss to figure out that Sahz sucks... a lot of places said Fang was supposedly the best Character, but I don't know... I just didn't go much on her.

Don't know about a pink Halo character LOL Hmmmmm, nicely camouflaged :D
    Haha yeah, pink is definitely NOT my color lol.

As for FFXIII, I use Lightning, Sahz and Hope (might be switching Lightning out for Fang because Bahamut is so much cooler than Odin lol)

Sahz buffs the crap out of my party as my best synergist, hope is by far the best medic and ravager and then lightning is a good commando and ravager. (Fang is a great commando and sentinel)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hey any gamers out there? [ 4 Answers ]

I need help on call of duty 4 can u help :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Female Cat [ 2 Answers ]

We have a stray cat, who has been in our home for over 3 years. She's a calico and appears never to have been fixed. She was wild outdoors through 3 winters here in Vermont. Today, all of a sudden, she's bleeding or menstruating out her vagina. OR, could she have a urinary track infection?

View more questions Search