Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Nov 23, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Hey Forgiveme. No I don't have an Xbox 360, I wish! I play too much WoW as it is though, if I had an Xbox I would probably never get any homework done, haha.

What kind of games do you play on Xbox? Or in general?
    Forgiveme Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Nov 23, 2008, 08:46 PM

Gears of war 1 and 2, cod , etc, I have over 30 games.
    Forgiveme Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Nov 23, 2008, 08:48 PM
    Blockbuster has an amazing package for like $309, you get two games extra controller, xbox gold on-line, blockbuster rentals. Great deal
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Nov 23, 2008, 08:50 PM
    Oh wow. Yeah that is a really good deal... I'm not sure there's a Blockbuster around here, I kind of live in the middle of nowhere. But I could drive to a city and check it out probably, thanks for the info.
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Nov 24, 2008, 10:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalliesgrrl View Post
    My husband just told me about that last night! That game sounds soooooo fun! Have you played it yet?
    Not yet, I've been sick and so has my son, so I've had my hands full. I just look over at The BOx longingly from time to time and sigh.:(
    sniperblade9 Posts: 138, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2009, 10:54 PM
    Girls get bored and play sometimes or they get emotional about something in there life and play them or they have a job that might relate to a game they are playing

My father works in the military and he plays gun games every once so often.

Also there is sport games like football and girls like that and some like wrestling etc

Sometimes they need to play games to do a job like for movies maybe or TV or a simulation for a job.

There is lots of reason why anyone should play video games
    Jentau Posts: 57, Reputation: 8

Feb 13, 2009, 10:12 AM

I think there are female gamers out there but probably just not as active on the boards as many of the guys are. I'm 29, female and I love gaming! Call of Duty games are awesome, Rainbow Six Vegas (really all Tom Clancy's games are great, although I haven't played that new one with the voice commands yet) Halo, Mass Effect, Fable, LEFT 4 DEAD!! Those are all awesome so I guess you can tell I've got a 360. But yeah, us girls are out there shooting up zombies and stuff with the boys everyday!

If you haven't played Left 4 Dead yet... let's just say you need to.. immediately
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Mar 3, 2009, 07:55 PM

My guess(im male) as to why less of a culture for females is in many areas. Firstly family life. If your taught to sow cook and bla(you know all that stuff women are against), and taught that things like sports, working on cars etc are not for a "lady" your going to be much less inclined to play a game. On top of that facts are facts and guys put women down too much that as soon as they see a women doing something that requires skill and not muscle, men still tend to associate it as a "muscle" thing and so are rude and over bearing like the poor ole' girl couldn't possibly understand or be good at something like pool(ive seen this a lot) which when you receive negative feelings like that arnt going to want to do it as much.

Now then I know two die hard gamer women, one is my sister, which growing up with me as a die hard gamer, and us enjoying spending time together naturally meant she was into video games. The other is a cousin of mine, who will kick your in halo faster than you can say is it a blue spider? Get it off! But where did that come from? A rough and tumble brother who constantly beat on her and was frankly an to her, it was bother her escape and her way of showing she was better than him.

So to me its more of a societal pressure that forces women to or away from games because frankly our society is still not equal, even if the laws are.

(or I could be talking out of my arse :))
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Mar 7, 2009, 08:12 PM

Here's my opnion.

The O.P. stated it herself. I believe girls and the society look at "gaming" as a guy thing and so for the longest time a girl who "gamed" was looked at as a TomBoy, an outcast of sorts.

Just like any sport or activity overtime women began to want to be more involved thus beginning this "new age" of gaming. Games are bigger and better then ever before, consoles are bigger and better then ever and women are no longer scared of being seen as a gamer. Being a gamer in today's societies isn't limited to being male.

I say this "thinking" girls are gaming more, but "knowing" they're no where close to males(as far as numbers goes)

All in time, that's what I think! All in time, women will join the men on the battlefields, courts and in cars and will all be good!

Rick
    h_leann_b Posts: 247, Reputation: 35

Mar 17, 2009, 11:55 AM

I actively play World of Warcraft, Diabo II, Counterstrike. I have dabbled in other 1st person shooters like Halo, GoW and CoD. And yes! Im a girl. I can say that there is a big attention factor. Which can be pretty annoying to put up with. I have had a few online stalkers that just don't leave me alone...

I considered making a fake myspace/facebook and call myself Gertie and put an ugly picture up.. but I think it doesn't matter they would still hound me. Lol
    sniperblade9 Posts: 138, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 05:56 PM
    I'd like to say that I would absolutely love to meet a girl gamer. Lol
    CallMeBel Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Mar 30, 2009, 01:56 PM

You probably have you just don't know it. Lol
    emmahogg Posts: 98, Reputation: 4

Mar 31, 2009, 03:31 PM

Hey ohmygosh I love computer games! I had a master system when I was younger then a ps1 and ps2 as of yet I've found no need for a ps3. I've also had gameboys and I have a wii. My all-time fav games are the final fantasy series I'm additcted and always have been! I love the resident evil games and beat them ups, I don't play 1st person shooters because I'm rubbish at them but all types of rpg or beat them ups are brill lol! But the best part is I can always beat my male friends!
    Inaru Posts: 76, Reputation: 4

Apr 26, 2009, 09:57 PM

*points at self* found one!

... sorry, that's not really answering your question, is it?

I'm a huge Gears of War fan and I'm currently playing Resident Evil 5.
    turtlegirl16 Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 07:32 AM

I'm here, I love video games! I don't like the war ones though. I like the mideval ones like LoZ and such. I will play a Grand Theft Auto from time to time but I don't have the systems for that anymore.
    h_leann_b Posts: 247, Reputation: 35

May 6, 2009, 12:18 PM

Left 4 Dead! Love that game
    turtlegirl16 Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 03:49 PM

Hello? Legend of Zelda?!
    kiragira Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

May 6, 2009, 05:02 PM

Ah, I am such an avid female gamer! I've won a fighting game tournament, and aside from fighters my favorite genre is survival-horror.

I think a lot of the "masculine" parts of video games deter girls, just like they do some adults. I don't play a game just because it's violent, but the violence is a part of some good games that you just have to deal with. It's also not an expectation for girls, and we're not exposed to them very much as children. I was lucky enough to have an older sister, so I started gaming at a very young age.

I just got Fallout 3. I'm sorry, but there's something satisfying about blowing a bad guy's head off with one slug that is perfectly innocent. ;)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 10, 2009, 05:38 AM

I hate the fact that there are very few "female games" for playstation 3.

Don't get me wrong, I love the shooters but I also love cute little games and they are so hard to find :(
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Inaru View Post
    *points at self* found one!

...sorry, that's not really answering your question, is it?

I'm a huge Gears of War fan and I'm currently playing Resident Evil 5.
    Same here :D gears is such a great game, I've even got one of the life sized gold lancers that came out with the release of gears 2, and in my opinion every shooter game should have a horde mode (or a variant of it anyhoo :D)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hey any gamers out there? [ 4 Answers ]

I need help on call of duty 4 can u help :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Female Cat [ 2 Answers ]

We have a stray cat, who has been in our home for over 3 years. She's a calico and appears never to have been fixed. She was wild outdoors through 3 winters here in Vermont. Today, all of a sudden, she's bleeding or menstruating out her vagina. OR, could she have a urinary track infection?

View more questions Search