Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lyvonne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2008, 06:23 AM
    Using one Excel list table in multiple worksheets
    I have a workbook containing 13 worksheets. Sheet 13 contains two list tables. I need to link sheets 1 through 12 to the list tables in sheet 13 so that only one set of lists has to be updated when changes occur.

Please help me...
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 25, 2008, 08:34 AM

To have a cell on one sheet display the same information as a cell on another sheet, just include the sheet name in the reference.

=Sheet1!A1
    =Sheet1!A2

If you change the sheetnames, change the reference to match. If you named Sheet1 Main, then the reference would be:

=Main!A1
    ======
    STEP BY STEP
    1. Create your main reference list on one sheet (Sheet 13?)
    2. On the next sheet, highlight the first cell where you want the duplicate list to start and press =
    3. Use the mouse to change sheets and click on the first cell of the reference, the formula should now look my suggestion above
    4. Press ENTER to complete the formula
    5. Now, highlight the first cell again where you just made your formula, then press CTRL-C to copy it
    6. Move down to the next cell and press ENTER; your formula should cause the second item in the list to appear
    7. Keep copying down until you have made all the items from the original reference list appear.
    8. To create the next duplicate sheet, go to the first duplicate sheet and highlight the entire list of duplicate entries, then press CTRL-C to copy them all at once.
    9. Switch to your new sheet and put your mouse in the position for the first item, then press ENTER
    10. Continue ad nauseum
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xls Lists.xls (13.5 KB, 393 views)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 25, 2008, 08:35 AM

I suspect you want to use a VLookup to reference these tables. Checkout VLookup in Excel Help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cascading list box lookup fields in the table design not on a form [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to make a set of cascading list box lookup fields. If I were going to do it on a form it would be easier, I could VBA to do it. But I'm trying to do it in the table design, and not having much luck I would think it could be done via rowsource in the lookup section for a listbox field...

Excel 2003 linking worksheets [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am not sure if I am in the right area but I need to ask about excel 2003. I have a simple question which I do believe there is an answer but I have tried various options to no avail. Does anyone know where I can ask expert advise about excel 2003. Many thanks for any advise given.:)

Excel - frequency / mode / pivot table. [ 0 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm struggling to achieve my end goal in Excel; I have a list of dates (presently the list of dates is divided into individual worksheets with 20 rows and 5 columns of dates per worksheet. I have 30-40 worksheets). My objective is to obtain a list of the dates that match...

Excel Worksheets [ 1 Answers ]

I have several worksheets in an Excel spreadsheet. Is there a way that I can print a list of the names of each of the worksheets in the spreadsheet?

Inserting multiple columns on Excel [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me to insert multiple columns under any particular cell without disturbing other cell data ? For example it should be like : --------------------------------------------------------- | A | B | C |...

View more questions Search