Ask
    Kittie_Cat Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 05:46 PM
    16 and I think I might be pregnant.
    OK so I'm on birth control and me and my boyfriend had sex on the 19th
    This is the second day for me to be on just my iron pills
    Usually by then I have started but go figure I haven't
    My mom told me that our family is very fertile
    (no she doesn't know that I've ever had sex)
    And so me and him are both mortified
    I'm not really sure what to do
    And I kind of need someone's opinion
    Because 15 and 16 year olds are not too experienced in this area

I have basically decided that there is no way I can be pregnant (denial)
    My family would be so disappointed in me
    Because I'm there baby and our family is quite religious
    I keep thinking its all a bad dream
    And praying that I'm not
    But if I turn out to be I'm so unprepared
    There is so much more to say but mainly because I'm FREAKING out
    please help me i NEED someones help
    ntbntb78 Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

Sep 24, 2008, 05:59 PM

Your 16 why did you do it think u can help me
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2008, 05:59 PM
    You'll have to try a pregnancy test to know for sure. If you have been taking the pill as directed, odds are you are not pregnant. While it can happen, even while on the pill, when taken correctly it offers very good protection.
    Your period may just be off... give it a few more days and see if it is just late this month. If it still doesn't show up, try a home pregnancy test. IF you are pregnant, let your family know as soon as possible. Best to get it over and done with so you aren't having to worry about telling them. No doubt they will be disappointed, but most do become supportive after the shock wears off. Certainly have a plan about how you will complete your education, afford a baby, have your boyfriend's support, etc. in case you are pregnant. Good to have a plan in place before you talk to your parents so that you can show that you are at least willing to take the situation seriously and have given it thought.
    If you aren't pregnant, consider waiting on further sex until you are in a better position to have a child because it will always be a possibility... even with birth control pills. No one thinks it will happen to them... but it can, and it does.

Sep 24, 2008, 06:14 PM

I have been taking the pills the way I am suppose to
    But mom kept saying we still haven't found the right one for you
    Mainly because I started them for acne and period regulation only
    My friends have already bought me a test but its only been a week
    I know I am suppose to go to the gynecologist the 2nd of October for my HPV shot so I thought about talking to them I'm just not sure yet
    Me and my boyfriend already know that we have to figure A LOT out
    And we have decided to wait before we really start talking about it

What's so bad is I told him I wanted to wait like previously and then it happened
    So he feels like crap about it
    And I sort of really didn't want to do it
    And feel like crap for it!

Sep 24, 2008, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ntbntb78 View Post
    your 16 why did you do it think u can help me
    Why did I do it?
    Because I'm stupid!
    && help you with what??
    ntbntb78 Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

Sep 24, 2008, 06:20 PM

I like a girl but I don't know how to tell her (I never said your stupid)
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 06:28 PM

Kitty cat, whenever you don't want to do something then don't. Don't ever feel pressured because it your body and you can say no. Besides birth control were your using condoms too?

Sep 24, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    Kitty cat, whenever you don't want to do something then don't. Don't ever feel pressured because it your body and you can say no. Besides birth control were your using condoms too?
    I wish I would have been using a condom!
    & I know I should have just said no and stopped
    But it was like unconsious thinking..
    If that makes any since
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 07:23 PM

A condom and birth control will lessen your odds of conceiving. I think it's best to have a talk with your doctor about sex and if your going soon to get your hpv shot make he/she aware of this matter. Otherwise, it's best to wait a week to take the test but make sure it's test with a low hcg level, hcg is the pregent hormone and the lower you're in your pregnancy the lower the number would be. First response is good and even the dollar tests from the 99¢ store, just make sure it isn't expire. I hope you aren't but it does give you different outcome about sex.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2008, 02:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittie_Cat View Post
    i wish i would have been using a condom!
    & i know i should have just said no and stopped
    but it was like unconsious thinking..
    if that makes any since

It makes perfect sense... it's not always easy to stop once things heat up, your head is saying one thing and your body is saying something completely opposite, but the trick is to avoid putting yourself in a situation where you have to stop in the first place.

Since now you know just what will lead up to it, be careful how initmate you get with your boyfriend. If you need to start keeping doors open, do that. If you need to not be home together when no one else is there, make sure you aren't. You both have to be able to put on the brakes, but ultimately, since you are the one who can become pregnant and would have to deal with the situation the most, you will have to be the one who sets the limits. He feels badly about the situation as well, so when things are calm, have a talk about what those limits will be and how you will both respect that.
    mommyv Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Sep 25, 2008, 08:59 PM

Hi kittie, I hope this doesn't sound like a lecture because it's not. My best advise to you is that if you are pregnant definitely talk to your parents more than anything, but if your not- you should wait- unfortunately when girls start having sex, they kind of have a tendency to think they're pg a lot, and you sound like your mortified of disappointing your parents so why not wait? I lost my virginity at 17 and I had my first miscarriage at 17, having to tell my mother was the most embarrassing, scary, nerve wracking thing I ever had to do and let me tell you hunny, I was with that boy for five years and it still wasn't worth it! Not to mention the disappointment of everyone's "good girl".
    Hazel1220 Posts: 102, Reputation: 13

Sep 28, 2008, 01:41 AM

Yes it so hard to say no sometimes. Everyone makes mistakes. Now firstly, stay calm getting so worked up is not good for you. Talk to your doc home test can be unreliable. Did your doc prescribe you the iron pills you are taking? Those can have serious side effects if not prescribed by a doc. Until you know for sure eat right, and take your vitamins. No matter the outcome remember that your family does love you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I pregnant. [ 3 Answers ]

I had intercourse on the first of June. I started my period 9 days early and had it for two days and light, until I ended my period after two days I didn't at all think I was pregnant. So I don't think I was getting myself worked up and had false symptoms. What do you think?

I Think I'm Pregnant.But I'm Not Sure. [ 2 Answers ]

About two weeks ago... I starting having morning sickness. I've been really why and really touchy. It's like I'm pmsing without the period. I never feel good. I'm always really tired, and I eat really weird food. My ex and I having been trying to get myself pregnant for like 9 months now. Now that...

Am I pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I think I am having Implantation Bleeding or is it my period OK me and my husband had sex on the 12 of this month and on the 18 I started bleeding not heavy like my period but like spotting I don't get my period until the 23th I am having cramping thought I don't know what it is can you...

I'm 16 and I think I'm pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I am 16 and my boyfriend and I have had sex first time was unprotected and all the other times were protected he has told me that he never ejaculated in me even with a condom on I had my period in march in the beginning of the month I can't remember the exact date but my periods never seem to be at...

Could I be pregnant? [ 15 Answers ]

Hi. I am new to this site. Okay, trying to conceive as of Oct. 17, 2005. Went off the pill. First month had period 27 days, then got it again 20 days later, then got it again 26 days later, now it is January, and I was due the either 26 or 27 days. Nothing. So today is the 28th day, and I had some...

View more questions Search