Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kasad Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 03:31 PM
    Bleeding in 9th week
    Hi guys

To cut my story short... I had some spotting in my 5th week and my doc couldntg find the foetal pole. But now when I am in my 9th , they finally detected the heart beat (Thank God!) but yesterdat, all of a sudden, while on my computer, I started bleeding and rushed to the ER. They did an u/s and found the heart beat of my peanut. I have an appointment with my Ob/Gyn tomorrow. I hope everything turns out well... I am just concerned, why the bleeding. I continued to have that for almost till evening.. but very scarce. And today I can find brown blood when I wipe it after using restroom... can anyone help me please... why the bleeding?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 05:07 PM

Causes of bleeding in early pregnancy include impending miscarriage, and ectopic pregnancy, but also less significant things like a raw cervix and placental aggressiveness (a term I coined for the fact that sometimes the placenta grows too close to a uterine blood vessel that starts to bleed). Later in pregnancy, placenta previa or cervix ripening can cause bleeding to occur. Usually the response to reports of bleeding during pregnancy is to perform an ultrasound, to document the presence or absence of a fetal heartbeat (early on), or to locate the placenta (late pregnancy). Rarely is the blood itself observed on the ultrasound; reports of "subchorionic bleeding or hemorrhage" are rarely useful. Are you having any pain with the bleeding? Luckly you have a doctor appointment tomorrow and your baby has a heartbeat. I hope everything is okay.

Sep 24, 2008, 10:05 PM
    Hi liz.. no no cramping whatsoever (Thank God!) and no bleeding since afternoon.. actually I did some household chores, vacuum etc.. may be that trigerred the bleeding because as soon as I was done with the hover, its started bleeding.. can it be possible?
    fjsmith81 Posts: 122, Reputation: 11

Sep 24, 2008, 10:13 PM

I agree with all of the things that Liz stated that it could be. It could also be a menstrual period. My friend had her period six months into her pregnancy. I think I was six weeks preggos with Samara and I still had a period. An easy way to check is to date back to your last period and count. It's still a good idea to see your doc. Congrats!! You're going to have a baby.

Good luck

Sep 24, 2008, 10:15 PM

Oo... thanks a lottttttt... :)

Just keep me in your prayers.. I need them
    mommyv Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Sep 25, 2008, 09:07 PM

Holy cow liz scare the girl! I know everything you said was right though, but my sister bled for 2 weeks straight when she was around 6-7 weeks and there isn't anything wrong at all with her, she's having a girl around dec 26! And I had a placenta previa with my last full term pregnancy and I know it's odd but I had no bleeding at all, so you never know. Good luck tomorrow I'm sure everythings fine!

Sep 27, 2008, 10:39 PM

Hi again... thanks a lot for all the support. I went to my ob/gyn and thank God baby was good but she couldn't find the reaosn of my bleeding and put me on rest for another couple of weeks. Everything is fine but today I again found the spotting when I wipe and also mild menstrual like cramps in my abdomen... I am so scared... could you help
    mommyv Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Sep 28, 2008, 08:37 PM

Best advice- do as your dr said- take it easy and rest as much as possible. They never found out what was up with my sisters bleeding either, just one of those things I suppose and she had some cramping too but we figured out it was just her uterus stretching. So far everything sounds great and I have this weird thing that I believe, when you hear a good strong heartbeat- everything will be OK. Like I said- baby girl on dec 26th, keep the faith sweety.

Sep 29, 2008, 09:39 PM
    Thanks Millionssss Mommyv :)

Keep me in your thoughts.God bless your sister and her baby!
    And God bless us all...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding one week after period finished [ 2 Answers ]

One week after my period finish I start having brown discharge(after sex(with condom)),then after few days that having brown discharge I start bleeding,I ve been to doctor wasn't any infection,doc said I have a bit inflammation cervix,I'm 28 married,always have sex with condom,I had smear test I'm...

Bleeding one week after my period [ 1 Answers ]

I recently started my period and I am 14. I had my first period, and then didn't have one for 2 months and then recently had one in October. This lasted for approximately 8 days. I thought everything was fine and normal until a week later , there was a small amount of bleeding. I am really...

Bleeding in 10th week [ 16 Answers ]

I am 10 weeks 2 days pregnant and today morning I started having bright red bleeding with NO cramps. I went to the ER, their doctor did all the test blood test and ultrasound and everything came normal. There was normal heartbeat of the baby and the uterus and cervix line also looked fine with no...

View more questions Search